SBH 12-Aug-16
Paul@thefort 17-Aug-16
Shoots-Straight 23-Aug-16
Seminole 25-Aug-16
1simplemann 24-Sep-16
21-Jul-16

Jodie's Link

25-Jul-16
First they'll want to stop trapping on public lands, and then it will be hunting. All hunters needs to support trappers and make sure this doesn't happen. We have coyotes coming out our ears around here. Our government trapper retired a couple years ago and they decided not to replace him. Antelope numbers have not bounced back from the winter of 2012....coyotes have been eating well. I suppose it will take a few of the "do gooders" poodles getting attacked and eaten by coyotes before they'll wake up.

10-Aug-16
I think all hunters need to support ending trapping. It's cruel and everyone knows it. Nothing like ethical hunting and not revenue generating like hunting.

10-Aug-16
ZombieKiller- "its cruel and everyone knows it" Really? "Nothing like ethical hunting and not revenue generating"........wow. I don't even know where to begin. Don't feel like sitting at the computer all night so I'm walking away from this one.

Those statements are scary for our future.

11-Aug-16
This will show you who this Clown is:

https://www.facebook.com/reed.mandelko

I personally will ignore any and all posts from him.

11-Aug-16
Reed, do you have any idea how we would control wolves, coyotes, raccoons, skunks etc. without trapping?

Do you hunt with dogs? That's next.

How do you think the wolves that were reintroduced got caught? Trapping is far from inhumane. The same group that got this initiative on the ballot has their eyes set on Bowhunters. One could make the same anecdotal statement you have against bowhunting.

11-Aug-16
This Reed guy and his buddies are the new liberal hunter naturalization jerks, they have no clue.

11-Aug-16
I'm from KS and hunt in and love MT! Never have trapped but let guys do it on my land. After that crazy post from Zombiekiller I would like to donate a $100 to help you out. I want it all to go strait to funding the fight! Who should I contact?

11-Aug-16
montana trapper Assoc. Jingalls

11-Aug-16
There is no logic behind this bill. Hypothetically, a trapper could set 10,000 traps on private property 1 foot across the line from public land and be perfectly legal if this bill passed, so what's the point? It makes no sense. This bill is just one step to stop trapping completely. Vote this one down!!!!

11-Aug-16
Thanks Jingalls. Check this out, might be the best place to start for helping in the fight. This is the letter the MBA sent out. Please consider joining there too if you haven't already. Best of luck to you this season, shoot straight.

8-5-2016

MBA Member Alert Members- Montanans are facing what may be the most important legal challenge to sportsmen and women rights in the history of Montana. Ballot Initiative 177 (I-177) if passes will stop all trapping on Public Lands across MT. I-177 was introduced by a group of Anti hunting group who has on their agenda to stop all hunting and related actives. They will target the Bowhunters, Hounds men, and Bear hunters next. They may have started with the Trapping on Public Lands, which is a violation of our rights. There are underlying ramifications in this bill I-177. It will effect the privet land owners as well as cost the FWP hundreds of thousands of dollars and man power hours each year to have to deal with problem predators across the state. Not to mention what will happen to the wolf population with out trapping on Public Lands. The Montana Trappers Asso. have formed a group of Sportsman and Women's organizations to gather and form a group to combat I-177. We as Bowhunters were asked to be a part of the organizing, along with 130 other groups across the state and even the US. The group will be called Montanan's for Wildlife and Public Lands Access,(MWPLA) We have brought in the US Sport's Alliance to be our advisors and we are in contact with them daily. Setting up a campaign to inform the public on what the I-177 will do to our future as users of Public Lands. All of this takes money and lots of it. The MBA Board has voted to make a contribution of $2500.00 to help. Remember Bowhunters are next on the agenda and we will need the help of all these groups later. That will not be enough, so I'm sending out this notification to all our members so they might have a chance to donate and make a personal contribution. I have attached a letter from the MT. Trapper's President and MBA member Toby Walrath with more information along with the flyer from MWPLA to help anyone making a contribution We must all join together and help the Trappers win this battle and Vote NO on I-177 come November. PS It might be best to send donations to the MT. Trappers general fund. It saves paperwork and we know exactly where the money will be used. Thanks everyone. Now that that is out of the way, I hope everyone is having a fine and busy summer. As our County Fairs are all about to take place and I'm sure last minute hunting plans need to be finalized. So get to it and be ready. The News Letter will be coming soon so we can get caught up on the other regions across the state. So until later Keep-em Sharp and Shoot-em Straight. Marlon

Letter from MTA President Toby Walrath PDF.pdf MWPLAJoin-Wheat.pdf

11-Aug-16
Done! Good luck guys, and good hunting!

12-Aug-16
You da man Jingalls. Thanks for your help.

17-Aug-16
I understand that the Rocky Mt Elk Foundation is 100% funding a public survey. Any update?

Paul

23-Aug-16
Montanan's for Wildlife & Public Land Access

To all.

"Last night Ravalli County Fish & Wildlife Ass. wrote a check to the Montana Trappers Ass. for $5000. To help in the battle to fight I-177 the ballot to make public lands in Montana "Trap Free".

We can't allow this ballot biology to transpire in Montana.

If groups like HSUS join in with the local anti's, (and it's very likely) then they may drop a million dollars on behalf of "Trap free Montana) giving them enough money for a serious TV campaign leading down to election day.

The people putting together the fight against these anti organizations infiltrating Montana need aprox $500,000 to get the word out. Please join in this fight because the next one might be one that effects you.

Rest assured this is only a stepping stone for them. They say openly that using dogs for hunting will be next.

IF you or your group has not done it yet, I urge all individuals and or, organizations across the state to do as RCF&W ass. has done.

RW"

To help defeat I-177 and protect Montana Hunters, Anglers, Trappers and Ranchers donate to: http://mwpla.com/donations.htm

Paid for by: Montanan's for Wildlife & Public Land Access Jim Buell Treasurer - PO Box 133 - Gilford, MT 59525

For more information on this animal rights activist initiative: http://mwpla.com/

25-Aug-16
Montana needs more trapping, not less.

Shootstraight: What's the world coming to? You and I agree on something.... :)

In all seriousness, we all need to make sure that trapping remains a viable way of harvesting game.

As for you Reed: You need to un-install your man card. You are on the wrong forum and your soft millennial psyche cant handle the truth.

24-Sep-16
This summer i met one of those paid signature gatherers. She just went up to people and asked for their signature w/ a "brief" explanation. When I challenged her, she said she was from MT and her and her family were hunters! At this point, I told her she was full of BS. I asked her where does it stop? 1st trapping then hunting, then fishing, then camping. She said "oh we would never want to stop fishing and hunting". We just want to end the cruelty of an animal in a trap and prevent someones's dog or cat getting caught in one.I then into an explanation how her rational is a dangerous point of view and what she's trying to prevent is a actually a rare occurance. i also asked to provide factual data to back up her claims. She had none. Either way, people like her are dangerous and like it or not we have to fight them. I never thought it would actually get on the ballot. so here we go again. Another fight to protect our hunting rights.

• Sitka Gear