Sitka Gear
Any New Laws/Regs we need to know About?
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
comando 23-Aug-16
MichaelArnette 23-Aug-16
Lost Arra 27-Aug-16
Bfulldraw 30-Aug-16
swampokie 30-Aug-16
MichaelArnette 01-Sep-16
Bfulldraw 02-Sep-16
23-Aug-16
Just wondering if there are any Changes .That Hunters need to know about for this coming season ..Thanks ..

23-Aug-16
Yep, they have extended the archery limit to 6 deer (2 antlered) from 4 last year. This means I won't have to worry about when I shoot my limit this year. In the passed I have checked in any archery kills during the gun and muzzleloader seasons as such

27-Aug-16
I think you mis-read because it's been 6 deer (2 bucks) for archery for a number of years. I know it was 6 last year since I've still got the regs.

30-Aug-16
Farm Bureau is pushing a bill to allow spotlighting of Ferrell pigs with out any licensing requirements. The bill got vetoed by the Governor but she issued an Executive Order that would make it legal with a few exceptions. The current language protects the firearms deer season by not allowing the spotlighting during the 16 day gun season. THERE IS NO SUCH PROTECTION FOR BOW SEASON ! While I have no problem with doing everything we can to eliminate as many hogs as possible, I believe this is BAD for Oklahoma bowhunters. It leaves the door too wide open for people to spotlight deer then via the online check in system, check them in as bow kills (or primitive arms). Again, I have no issue with landowners using whatever means to combat Ferrell pigs. I just don't think it's in the best interest of bowhunters.

30-Aug-16
This is exactly the reason the wildlife department opposed it. The wardens would have no way to enforce against year round spotlighting.

01-Sep-16
It's good that it was shot down!

02-Sep-16
Yes, the bill was vetoed by the Governor. But she issued an executive order which allows the practice with some rewording in the regs. Spotlighting of hogs WILL BE LEGAL on all private property beginning Nov 1st. No license or permit required. During archery season. Bad for bowhunters.

04-Sep-16
The final draft of the Night Hunting for Feral Hogs has been approved by the Wildlife working group. We have met 2 different times to help with the wording in the rules. The Wildlife committee will vote on the rule Sept 12th. If passed, the Governoright has 45 days to sign it. An emergency rule will go into effect for 12 months. This will allow the final rules to go through legislation in next session. Night vision, thermal imaging and spotlights will be allowed on private property deed holders and designee of the exemption.

• Sitka Gear