Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
razorsharp 07-Sep-16
stickshooter 08-Sep-16
razorsharp 08-Sep-16
stickshooter 08-Sep-16
razorsharp 08-Sep-16
07-Sep-16
Drew a Cherokee GMA doe hunt the 13th of Nov. Anyone else?

I have hunted the PHA and killed a decent buck on Veterans day a few years back but never really traveled the GMA before.

08-Sep-16
Do you get to scout it before the hunt? There are some nice food plots on the western end with some nice wooded draws and ridges by them, some well worn trails going to the plots. That same creek, GREENLEAF creek, runs thru on that end also, west of the small game entrance, (not the controlled hunt entrance) that road can sometimes require 4 wheel drive or you can park and still hunt down the road, some big meadows before you get to the creek.

08-Sep-16
It is open until the 21st of Oct. I assume there is a controlled hunt on the 22nd. I will try to get in there and look around. Black hollow road is 99% impassable after a few rains.

08-Sep-16
I didn't realize it was open in October, that's good to know, I might check it out if it's not too crowded, I've been hunting private land last 4 yrs, good luck this year.

08-Sep-16
I wish I had some good private land to hunt closer to home. I drive about an hour to get to Cherokee. It gets crowded during muzzle loader and rifle. I stay clear of it during those times.

• Sitka Gear