Contributors to this thread:
Switchback25 09-Sep-16
SBH 09-Sep-16
Ridge Ghost 09-Sep-16
jwk 10-Sep-16
jwk 10-Sep-16
SBH 15-Oct-16
09-Sep-16
I was lucky enough to draw the 380-20 tag. I spent a lot of time scouting and a lot of time hunting so far. I have seen a few nice bulls. The biggest being about 340. By the time I got to the meadow he had gone back into the timber. I wanted to see if there was anybody who has had this tag before and if you have any advice for this unit? Not looking for any negative comments, just to see if anybody has any sound advice about the unit that I possibly haven't thought of or maybe an area that I have not heard about or possibly overlooked. I have lots of time to hunt between archery and rifle and would be more than thrilled with a 320 class bull. I rarely ask about stuff like this, but being such a tough tag to draw I figured it would not hurt to ask.

Happy hunting!

09-Sep-16
Should be some guys on here who can help out. I haven't drawn the tag but know a few who have. Enjoy hunting over there and hope you get what your after. Good luck

09-Sep-16
I haven't hunted it but several of my friends have. The best advice I have is not to count on rifle season. Tons of traffic with all the cow and spike hunters, which puts the big bulls in hiding most of the season. Everyone I've talked to says it's a way better archery unit than rifle, so concentrate the bulk of your time and effort there.

10-Sep-16
Switchback I had the elk horns tag last year and shot a 360 class bull the 2nd weekend of archery season on public land. PM me and I will see what I can do to help you out

10-Sep-16
I sent you a couple pm's

15-Oct-16
How'd you do Switchback?

• Sitka Gear