DeerDan 12-Oct-16
Red Godin 12-Oct-16
Red Godin 12-Oct-16
Charlie Rehor 13-Oct-16
Bostoned 08-Nov-16
17-Sep-16
Anybody having any luck so far?

19-Sep-16
Was just coming in here to ask the same thing. I haven't been able to get out yet but was hoping some people have and were having some luck.

19-Sep-16

DeerDan 's embedded Photo

Had a spike go by Friday afternoon and have been seeing does but no shots. I could regret later letting spike walk but still early.

19-Sep-16
Man most of the northeast forums are dead.

19-Sep-16
Oh I know!

20-Sep-16
Look into CT

I grew up on Aquidneck Island and have lived in CT for the past 20 yrs, great hunting in SW CT.

22-Sep-16
Hoping to get out this Sunday but the family obligations might prevent it. I might get a 24-hour bug next week one day. I need to get out!

Both girls are playing soccer this year so Saturdays are not an option. That is the main reason I purchased my RI license and archery buck tag. Bc Sundays are so Huge and I can hunt them in RI.

24-Sep-16
I had 4 sits in Foster last weekend. Saw some deer moving, nothing close enough for a shot, but real nice to sit in a tree and see deer. Even got blown at on Sunday leaving the woods! Acorns, heavier near water, seem to be the draw right now. And the humidity can't be helping, but with this break in the weather this weekend might be nice!

Good luck!

24-Sep-16
I sat again tonight, perfect hunting weather. Got a little cool towards the end. I didn't see any deer tonight, but a camera I have at the same spot got a nice 8 point two nights ago and 2 days before that at 4 in the afternoon a yearling doe came through shaking her tail at half mast. Wondering if she could be in heat early? I'll mention it over on the Mass forum too.

27-Sep-16

Had fork horn directly under me after the rain stopped thinking am.

10-Oct-16

Red Godin 's embedded Photo
Haven't seen any bucks but shot this 160 lb Doe in Foster 9/22/16 on private land

12-Oct-16

Spike
Spike

Seen the same spike 4 times already.

12-Oct-16

Maybe he wants to come over for dinner.....

12-Oct-16

Sorry double posted this one!
Sorry double posted this one!
Maybe he wants to come over for dinner.....

13-Oct-16
Way to go guys!

08-Nov-16
Put in another sit on Monday. Took the day off to get in the woods. Didn't see anything. Does anyone have any experience hunting the the Buck Hill WMA? If you do, have any insights you could share? This is my first year hunting in RI and I didn't get much time to scout due to both kids playing soccer this year. I found a couple spots by looking at Topo maps but so far only 1 has panned out to look like a good huntable spot.

• Sitka Gear