kk13 05-Nov-16
fishfry 06-Nov-16
kk13 06-Nov-16
HortHokie 07-Nov-16
nonrespropownr 08-Nov-16
Mike D 08-Nov-16
Mike D 21-Nov-16
25-Oct-16
Is anyone starting to see more bucks on their feet? I personally have not. But then again I haven't been able to get out as much this year and when I have, its either been raining or windy. House hunting, a 2 yr old daughter, another one on the way, and a 1 yr old chocolate lab is also eating up my time lol...I will be taking 2 weeks off in November tho, 4 of those days will be spent moving.

25-Oct-16
I am in PWC and I have seen some good bucks moving I have counted about 5 different ones on my trail cams about 3 weeks ago they were mostly together but over the last 2 weeks they have started spreading out as to the times they were coming in. with in the last week during the full moon and windy days they were almost all at night had one doe show up in shooting hours hopefully this will change soon. especially with the rut just about to start and a new moon coming. Not sure if any one else sees the same results but for me when there is a full moon I see almost no deer during shooting hours. not even worth going to my stand unless rut is in full swing.

25-Oct-16
For me afternoon hunts seem to work better during a full moon, I tend to also see does around 12 noon-2pm. During rut full moon effect seems to not matter much according to some research articles I've read that had bucks with tracking devices.

26-Oct-16
I'm over in Spotsy and here's what I've seen so far: week 1 (3hunts - 2 PM and 1 AM) = 10 [8 does, 1 forky and 1 button buck], no shots offered. week 2 (1hunt - PM] = 2 does, just out of range week 3 (2hunts - PM] = 0 week 4 (hunting this PM and again this weekend) = keep y'all posted.

26-Oct-16
Matt_B I have a lot at Indian Acres in Spotsy was wondering if you knew of anyone that might have an opening on some land would love to be able to find somewhere to hunt down their.

27-Oct-16
Definitely an uptick in buck activity! Younger bucks cruising, sparring, tearing up scrapes and checking does. Some increase in older buck sightings/activity too. I agree with HortHokie completely on full moon activity between 12 and 3 pm, except during rut phases!

27-Oct-16
last night after I shot my doe , I had a spike and a forky chasing does all around my stand for about 20 minutes so they are starting to move more. looking forward to the next 3 weeks as I am off work.

27-Oct-16
Skip - sorry buddy, wish I knew I someone with some land down here. I believe those deer up there in PWC, Fairfax or even Leesburg are bigger...no? LOL Actually, a buddy of mine's son shot a monster buck in their back yard and posted it on the VA Whitetails FB page back on 12 Oct. We need to ask him for permish to hunt back there...

28-Oct-16
Appreciate the response Matt I figure it never hurts to ask I have hunted both areas and they are about the same. That being said I over look Manassas Battle field so I see some monsters unfortunately you cant hunt there and they never seem to make it 10 miles away where I hunt lol. but it is nice for judging movement. yesterday driving home on 66 i saw a monster 12 chasing the does around just past the rest area.

28-Oct-16
^ - that will get the blood pumping for sure. Front what I'm seeing on FB its about time to start planning my sick days wisely...man I cannot wait!

30-Oct-16
I am seeing rubs and scrapes,young bucks walking alone,I saw a mature buck Sat.morning 10-29 at 8am scent checking where the does had been feeding in a picked corn field.

31-Oct-16
This morning in Loudoun had numerous bucks chasing does. Got to watch a 8 tear up a tree and then spar with a 6. Saw a real tall 8 following a doe. Could not grunt him off her . He was on a mission. Heading back shortly.

01-Nov-16
Had two small bucks sparring in my front yard this morning around 0730. I'm hoping movement will really pick up soon. I'm off election week. Looking forward to it.

05-Nov-16
The chase is on. Watch 2 basket 8 pt run does 20 yards from me this morning . They were grunting up a storm. Did see a 10 or 11 pt at 7 30 walking thru the woods. Could not get a shot with the smoke pole. This was outside leesburg.

06-Nov-16
smoke poled a stinking rutting 3/12 yr old in central va nov.5,heavy pre rut I think,deer moving all day

06-Nov-16
Congrats .

07-Nov-16
I smoke polled a 9 pt heavy racked buck 17.5 inch spread Saturday in Montgomery County he was moving at 11:00, I was just about ready to leave the stand. Today I had 3 little bucks travelling together come by about 9:00 (I just took some pictures of them to show my sons).

08-Nov-16
I didn't see much moving in Patrick County. My cameras show 4x bucks vs does, so I hope folks let the does walk. I did pass a 6 and big bodied 8, but not what I was looking for. Its been pretty warm and very dry.

08-Nov-16
Woohoo! Been a couple really good days! Big boys are seeking, cruising around during daylight!

21-Nov-16
Had a decent 8 tending a doe Friday night. He stood at 23 yards trying to catch his breath, facing straight at me for more than 10 minutes. He snort wheezed 4 times, then closed a few more steps in my direction before turning broadside at 20 yards...Couldn't pull the trigger with just one buck tag left! He tore up a tree and continued pushing the old doe with sagging belly. Was looking forward to getting back out but the wind kept me from sitting over the weekend. What a fun hunt!

• Sitka Gear