Shiras 18-Nov-16
Snowman 20-Nov-16
BigRig 22-Nov-16
Shiras 12-Dec-16
Snizzler 15-Dec-16
10-Nov-16

walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
walks with a gimp's embedded Photo
Don't see the topic started yet for this year so I guess I'll start. Got this guy into 10 yards with a single grunt and single snort wheeze from 60 yards out after bullying 5 does around. I'd seen him running a doe to the west about 300 yards while scouting for sign along a fence line and then ran her back to where they came from into a large wooded draw. I had a ladder stand in the woodlot so I made a beeline to get into it so maybe I'd have a chance to call him in. I got into the stand and didn't have time to put my facemask on before I seen the 5 does being pushed around by the buck south of me. The does started moving to the south away from my location after they entered the edge of the cornfield. The buck followed out of the woods but was stopped by my single grunt call. He turned and headed my way but held up at 40 yards where I then gave him a snort wheeze. He instantly continued his stiff legged march to 10 yards from my stand where I made the broadside shot. The Muzzy MX3 took both lungs and he only traveled 35 yards before stopping to stagger and twirl around in circles to try to gain his stance. Over he fell to kick a little and then motionless set in to match the silence on the windless woods. 10 seconds had passed between the shot and silence and I then knew he was mine, all before 3:45 PM!

16-Nov-16
Congrats, good buck!

18-Nov-16
Nice buck, Russ!

20-Nov-16

Snowman's embedded Photo
Snowman's embedded Photo
Grandson Chance, got this buck from treestand, Hunting with his bow during the rifle season.

22-Nov-16

BigRig's embedded Photo
November 20th
BigRig's embedded Photo
November 20th
Another rifle season bow kill. Kind of a junk deer that got old enough to be somebody.

12-Dec-16

Shiras's embedded Photo
Shiras's embedded Photo
I'm a little late posting this on the state forum. September AK moose hunt.

15-Dec-16

Snizzler's embedded Photo
Snizzler's embedded Photo
My son Jace did a nice job holding it all together to make a clean shot on this Missouri River bottom buck in November. His equipment is a Mission Craze bow and Muzzy 100 4-blade broadheads.

• Sitka Gear