Tiny 24-Jan-19
del_binari 07-Feb-19
del_binari 07-Feb-19
del_binari 02-May-19
THREEDFLYER 01-Sep-19
THREEDFLYER 01-Sep-19
dkidaho 10-Sep-19
16-Nov-16
Are the elk herds more quiet than in recent years? If so can you attribute that to the spike in the wolf population in the NW?

18-Nov-16
Undoubtedly

16-Aug-18
Saw and heard a few last September in the Beaverhead area while archery hunting........got into fresh tracks in the snow during my hunt.

24-Jan-19
Yes they are quieter and there are also fewer Elk making noise.

07-Feb-19
Fewer elk and those left are making less noise.??

07-Feb-19
Fewer elk and those left are making less noise.??

02-May-19

del_binari's Link
Federal court review of ID predator control programs.

01-Sep-19
Hunting the Beaverhead area last Sept (2018) I did NOT hear or see any sign of wolves.....lots of bears but no wolves. Spent several nights in the high country on a spike camp and all was quiet. I was there the last 10 days of the season and the bulls were pretty quiet, in fact the only time I hear them give a bugle was very early in the morning from first light to maybe 1 hour after first light. Did not hear them in the evening. I did however get one or two to respond to my bugle and cow calls, but the conversations were short.

01-Sep-19

THREEDFLYER's embedded Photo
THREEDFLYER's embedded Photo

10-Sep-19
Wolves are definitely back (after a 3-5 year semi-hiatus) and more Bears than we have seen in the last few Years. Several cinnamon and color phase, but an abundance none the less. Make sure you have ALL your Tags ...

• Sitka Gear