AaronShort 12-Dec-16
Matt 12-Jan-19
Westksbowhunter 12-Jan-19
Quailhunter 12-Jan-19
Chief 12-Jan-19
Catscratch 12-Jan-19
Dale06 13-Jan-19
08-Dec-16
Do any of you have a recommendation for a youth compound bow? I want to get my 12 year old daughter one for Christmas. Thanks in advance.

08-Dec-16
My 11 yr old daughter is currently shooting a Bear Apprentice... She loves it, and its pink camo so there's that I guess lol

08-Dec-16
Elite Spirit is the nicest short draw bow I ever seen. I liked it so much that bought one for my self and re speced it for me ...

08-Dec-16
I got each one of my daughters a Mission Craze II. 9 and 10 years old and they both took their first whitetail this fall.

08-Dec-16
Diamond has always had the best youth bows. Don't be afraid to start them on a recurve or longbow. Dan Toelke has a cub long bow that is the great for youth. You will have a better archer starting them with traditional equipment. A lot more simple and practical and much more fun for kids.

08-Dec-16
Tried them all settled on a Hoyt Ignite. Very forgiving bow.

08-Dec-16

mikD's embedded Photo
mikD's embedded Photo
Browning Micro Midas older better than newer ones! But not sure if you can get them any more. bought my daughter one when she was 13 still shoots it today she's now 33 easy to shoot and quick and accurate

09-Dec-16
Hoyt Ruckus or Hoyt ignite depending on her size and how much adjustability you want. The Ignite goes from 15 to 70 pounds and a wide range of draw length, but it is slightly heavier. I think the ruckus only goes up to 45 pounds.

09-Dec-16
Mission flare would be a good one for the little lady or a riot or craze all are fully adjustable from a kid to an adult. What part of the state are u in Hoyt

09-Dec-16
The best advice I could give you is to take them into a good archery shop and they will let them shoot the bows and base you decision on that. Any good shop will set up a bow and let them shoot. Diamond Archery in Wichita is great. I have heard that the archery shops in Sutherlands (Topeka and El Dorado) are both great also. Most of the Mission Bows (Menace, Craze, Riot) are good. I have shot my daughters bow even and enjoy it. Now I remember why I quit posting on this site.

09-Dec-16
Scared me for a second: I have shot my daughters and enjoy it. I have shot my daughter's and enjoy it.

09-Dec-16
Bear Cruzer. My wife loves hers!

09-Dec-16
If u decide to go the Mathews/mission route I highly recommend going to Votruba archery in Fairview it may be a bit of a drive but well worth it. Casey is a stand up guy and will offer a one on one bow tuning with your daughter to make sure your both satisfied as well as backing his tuning for the lifetime of u owning your bow. I have sent many people there and would steer clear of Sutherlands for the lac lol if knowledge the guys at the former B2 shop in topeka were less than knowledgeable (kind words)... in my option u and your daughter will receive a much better experience and Casey will stand behind his work

11-Dec-16
PSE Stinger X is a great bow, beginner or not. Get one that says 60#s and it goes down to 15#s I believe and also draw down to 21"s or less. They can be had all set up for around $300. Great bows and I used one as a back up last year. Scooby

12-Dec-16
X2 going to Votruba. Casey went out of his way to set my girls up.

12-Jan-19
TTT

Any current recommendations for a youth bow that can be had in a left-handed version?

12-Jan-19
Any recurve. Not a better way to start a kid. Teach em right.

12-Jan-19
I have a PSE stinger X and I bought my son one. He’s 12. Has a growth setting and he’s shooting it great on 39 lbs. I’m a lefty and they’re easy to find in LH. Excellent bow for the money. Think it would be hard to do better. Heard good things about the Bear Cruzer as well. Looked at both. Liked the PSE and mine has been fantastic for the last few years.

12-Jan-19
40/45 # Damon Howett recurve. 58/60 inch. Smooth as whipped butter. Compound?? What"s that?

12-Jan-19
My first compound was an old target bow (long ATA, long brace height, and wheels) that I shot fingers with. It was very forgiving and very smooth. It was much more fun and easier to shoot than any modern hunting compound I've used. Might try to find something like that on the cheap...

13-Jan-19
I’d go to a pro shop, and make sure that the bow fits and feels right. Often times pro shops will have used bows at a fraction of a new one.

• Sitka Gear