The final hunt.
Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
Lethalbowman 01-Jan-17
Stickbow Felty 01-Jan-17
buckhammer 02-Jan-17
razorhead 03-Jan-17
01-Jan-17
Happy New Year everyone. As I sit here in my easy chair looking out at our sunbathed snow covered yard I am thinking about the final deer hunt of the 2016 season. In just a few hours I will be back out there in an attempt to fill my last tag. I have seen deer the last few evenings but they have always been 100-150 yards back in the thick stuff. Tonight I will be sitting in a natural ground blind about 15 yards from a well used trail they have been uding. I hope the deer use it again tonight so I will get a shot opportunity. Dan W.

01-Jan-17
Good luck Dan.

02-Jan-17
I went out on the last day for an evening sit. Seen a couple dozen does and 11 bucks. They all came out of my sanctuary. I still have about 70 acres of standing corn around me so it made for some pretty good sits the last week or so. 2 of the bucks were 2.5 yr. olds and the rest were 1.5

03-Jan-17
My place is in western Iron County, west of Iron River, not far from Timber Lake....I am seeing lots and lots of does and fawns,,,,,, coyote numbers are way down, I thought maybe the wolves ate them all, but I heard they got parvo,,,,,, also less wolves in this area, so far, deer are in good shape

• Sitka Gear