GaryB@Home 10-Feb-17
SBH 11-Feb-17
Tradguy 11-Feb-17
GaryB@Home 11-Feb-17
WapitiBob 11-Feb-17
GaryB@Home 11-Feb-17
WapitiBob 11-Feb-17
10-Feb-17
Hey guys, I have two questions. I am hoping to come down and hunt mule deer OTC Jan 2018. First question is, do I buy my license right now in 2017 for the late season hunt which actually occurs in 2018 or do you buy a license in 2018? Second question is If I have to buy a hunting license now, I may as well put in for a point for elk since I already have the license. If I wasn't planning on hunting this coming year and I just wanted to buy the bonus point I still need to purchase a license correct? Hope that made sense?? First time applying in AZ any help appreciated. Thanks, Matt

10-Feb-17
Hunting license is good for 1 year from the date of purchase.

eta: You must have a current license to apply for a permit hunt or bonus point only.

11-Feb-17
Ok got it. Thank you for simplifying.

Matt

11-Feb-17
Bought AZ license on Feb 1st, therefore good for Jan 2018. Was thinking of Javalina and OTC deer during the month of January. Any suggestions as to what zone that I would have a opportunity for both?

11-Feb-17
Most all areas that have Javelina also have Deer, some Mule Deer, some Coues and some both.

11-Feb-17
You need to have a valid license on the closing date of the published application period. You do not need a valid license to apply.

11-Feb-17
To apply you must have a current license or choose the option to purchase one on your application.

11-Feb-17
The online system doesn't have the ability to validate a license. If you buy a paper license you still need the ability to apply online before the shop sends in the paperwork. You can put any 'ol number in the box, ha/hb and 6 digits. The question came up a while back when a few guys thought the system wouldn't kick you out if you missed the app closing date. Not recommended but if you're in a pinch...

"Bob, The online application system is not able to validate a license at the time of application but we do have a validation process that we go through after deadline day. This is because of the 3 ways licenses are sold – online, in a Department office, and at a Dealer (paper).

Amber Munig

Big Game Management Supervisor, Terrestrial Wildlife Branch"

• Sitka Gear