Harleywriter 12-Feb-17
Papa John 12-Feb-17
sbschindler 12-Feb-17
Harleywriter 17-Feb-17
BigOzzie 21-Feb-17
chuckleatem 09-Mar-17
houndy65 09-Mar-17
11-Feb-17
any experience and OR advice On the north fork Of the flathead? >I'm guessing it is thick, wild and gOOd

also lOOks like the whitetails might be hard tO pattern and then there are the bears>

11-Feb-17
hunted it years ago, mostly bear hunts, but I'm guessing you might see as many grizzly bears as whitetails,,

12-Feb-17
probably right about that, Steve>

and the whitetails are trying to get away and the bears are not>

12-Feb-17
Definitely could see as many griz as black bears, but it is a good area for blackies. WT hunting pretty poor after decades of wolf depredation and, yes, it's a timber hunt and difficult to pattern them. Some very good mulies away up high but regs pretty restrictive. Elk population is very low as well. If you draw a moose tag it's pretty fair. Much better HD's in the state.

12-Feb-17
Hey John I sent you a PM

17-Feb-17
thanks papa>> all that makes sense>

21-Feb-17
There is a game check station at the end of the pavement in the N.Fork should be real easy to look up stats. (they are not real good). I personally do not hunt the N.F. but am continually surprised by the game that comes out of there. I have friends that kill every year and get respectable game. There is a weird thing takes place in the flathead, many people tend to travel to other locations to hunt, I travel to west valley, the residents of west valley travel to swan, the residents of south valley travel to eureka, etc. I know when I am going hunting I am passing residents of where I hunt going the other direction to hunt near where I live. Grass is greener on otherside. only problem is with either side the flathead isn't all that great of hunting.

Papa John said it, there are better districts in the state, not a destination hunt, only hunt there if it is close to home.

oz

09-Mar-17
Tough, tough thick nasty country that has been hammered by predators. Even the once noteworthy Moose population has taken a big hit. Sometimes I do not even think a dam crow is alive in the North Fork. You could definitely say that it is a love hate relationship and the only reason I keep going back is the shear toughness of hunting this rugged country and the fact I live up here. If I did not live in the North Fork it would not be a destination hunting area.

09-Mar-17
don't waste your time, a lot better places to hunt in montana

• Sitka Gear