HARRY CARRY 18-Apr-19
RC 19-Apr-19
hawkeye in PA 19-Apr-19
huntabsarokee 19-Apr-19
Thunderflight 20-Apr-19
horsethief51 20-Apr-19
Bou'bound 22-Feb-24
11-Feb-17
Anyone know where I can get a few excelsior bales around SW, Pa? Want them for an archery target..

11-Feb-17
The targets used at the "Sticks" club were made by Riggs Archery, Mount Pleasant, a few years ago. Mr. Riggs has since left the business, BUT he did sell his 1930s either John Deere or International Harvester monster baler to a local person, who is continuing to make the target-quality bales. Let me make a phone call or two to learn the new person's name, since the club will be getting some very soon. Stand by.....

11-Feb-17
Ok thanks.

12-Feb-17
You trying to learn how to shoot Roy? LOL

12-Feb-17
Thunken bout it.

14-Feb-17
then you'll need the really big bales. Will it fit in yer basement?! :)

14-Feb-17

RC's Link
Wish I would have had them when you shot here. Would have saved me money patching the holes in the wall...:)

14-Feb-17
lol, I was tryin to hit the heater that was behind yer target!!! That purple stuff I was drinkin made it difficult to hit much of anything I meant to hit ;^)

14-Feb-17
I saw it on Craigslist. I saved it as a favorite as it expired. Brian is the contact as phone 724-448-6328 as they are $40 a bale. Using Riggs archery ones now as they are 10 years old. They are great

18-Apr-19
I know this an old thread but I have been looking for a few bales myself. I found the supplier in Philly has them in stock. They are $50 a bale picked up. Thinking I want a few for a back stop for the kids.

18-Apr-19
Found a better product. Compressed straw bales at tractor supply. Hard as a rock, $13.00 each.

18-Apr-19
What size are they and how long have you had them?

18-Apr-19
They are about 24 long, 18 deep and 18 high. I've had them a while now.

18-Apr-19
And the person who bought the old baler off of Mr. Riggs....word has come around that he is NOT making bales. Nothing else heard about the person. Sad. Those Riggs bales lasted a long, long time, compared to what the sportsman's club has now.

RC: Next time I'm out in Latrobe, I'll stop and take a look at their bales. Thanks for the info.....

19-Apr-19

RC's Link

19-Apr-19
Does anyone know of anybody making 42-45" compact straw bales? (I need a bigger target than RC) Actually need them for our local club field course.

19-Apr-19
http://www.excelsior-wood.com/products.php

These are the bales for $50 in Philly

20-Apr-19
15 years ago I was part of a traditional hunting club in Jasper Florida. One of the members had a friend who worked for Reinhart targets. For $25 each he took a large card board box, lined it with a trash back, and sprayed it full with their foam.

I still have this target and shoot my recurve and compound into it. When the center starts to loose its effectiveness I fill it full of that spray foam you use for sealing stuff in your house. You have to be careful though. If that stuff is under to much pressure, it becomes super hard and you'll never get your arrow out of it.

20-Apr-19
At that size Roy will need six of them for 20 yards.

22-Feb-24

• Sitka Gear