ScottB 13-Feb-17
tonyo6302 13-Feb-17
Mike D 14-Feb-17
ScottB 14-Feb-17
ScottB 14-Feb-17
Mike D 14-Feb-17
ScottB 15-Feb-17
12-Feb-17
Any tips for late archery success this time of year? I've been out in Loudon County a couple of times but haven't even seen a deer - not really much recent sign either.

12-Feb-17
When I was hunting with Suburban Whitetail Management of Northern Virginia, late Jan thru mid March were dreary times. Not much movement at all.

They tend to herd up, and when you get movement, it will be with Multiple Does, 10 - 30 all herded up.

Not much shooting light Buck movement Jan thru mid March.

12-Feb-17
Thanks Tony. Long time no talk. Hope all is well. I'm beginning to think that's the way it will be.

13-Feb-17
You still with NSA ?

13-Feb-17
No. Left a couple years ago when the rules on inactive members changed. Had enough.

13-Feb-17
The Lumbar Company sold Mill Creek, and the new owners would not lease it to NSA.

Remember that spot I took you to several years ago, I called that Rub Ridge. Anyway, they timbered the lower section 3 years ago, and they timbered Rub Ridge two years ago.

I killed a lot of Deer on Rub Ridge. I will surely miss Mill Creek and Rub Ridge.

:^( ................

13-Feb-17
Seems like they'd lose a property as soon as I used it enough to put up a stand...

Back on topic -- when you did see deer, did it tend to be one time of day over another?

13-Feb-17
This time of year, it was usually morning movement.

Maybe Mike D will chime in here.

14-Feb-17
Yea, like Tony said it can be tough. Winter herds will be feast or famine. If you can, use a different stand location with tons of cover. 20 deer can be educated in a minute. Hunt the food. I have gone out after a decent snow and uncovered winter feeding areas a day or more before a hunt. Good luck!!

14-Feb-17
Thanks for the info! Not much cover where I'm hunting so I am hoping to get between them and food. So far I've only been able to hunt afternoons and haven't seen a thing. Maybe morning is different...

14-Feb-17
Thanks for the info! Not much cover where I'm hunting so I am hoping to get between them and food. So far I've only been able to hunt afternoons and haven't seen a thing. Maybe morning is different...

14-Feb-17
Do you have cameras out?

15-Feb-17
No, I do not. The properties I have access to for late season are pay as you go, and I'm still trying them out. Minimal trips afield due to pay as you go construct.

• Sitka Gear