razorhead 20-Feb-17
Burly 21-Feb-17
Broken Arrow 22-Feb-17
Burly 22-Feb-17
Broken Arrow 22-Feb-17
Burly 22-Feb-17
Burly 24-Feb-17
15-Feb-17
As I am sitting here recovering from shoulder surgery for a torn RC in my right shoulder. How long would be a realistic time for me before I will be able to shoot a bow again. I realize every one is different but I would like to get a general idea. Thanks in advance. My right arm is my drawing arm.

15-Feb-17
I shoot a 55lb. recurve had the surgery in February and was able to bowhunt in October. You have to do your therapy religiously and listen to your doctor and you'll get there. It is a tough rehab but if you think of your goal it helps. Good luck.

15-Feb-17
Thanks, I went threw it with my left shoulder in 2012. I figured my right one would be harder, I worry about re injury happening.My longbow days might be nearing the end I fear. So I will be hunting up a compound between 40-50 lbs.

16-Feb-17
Dad went thru it many years ago. He followed the Dr's orders to the T. especially about using the colored rubber stretch cords to work his shoulder.

16-Feb-17
That's the plan, stick to what the Doc and PT say.

20-Feb-17
My wife had surgery last May,,,,, after the medication of a few days, man it was tough on her,,,, I had to exercise her, 5 times a day, and than therapy and doctor visits, she had an excellent surgeon, and like said above, followed it all,,,,,, She was not cleared till December 10, she was a 90 percent recovered......

He looked at my left shoulder, said I was good, but if I kept drawing the weight of the stick bow, I would be a future contender,,,,, told me, to learn to shoot right handed, and not pull over 45 lbs,,,,,,,,,,

21-Feb-17
It's getting easier but still having trouble sleeping. Doc says I will be in the sling for another month then start rehab. I am not looking forward to that lol.

22-Feb-17
Burly, I first have to ask was your Shoulder done with Arthroscopy or were you cut open to repair tendions. Can not believe you have not started pt. I tore 2 tendions 100% Had surgery on Jan. 19. Started small passive exercises next day. Started pt. 1 week after surgery, Doc and pt. people say I should be able to hunt Turkeys last of April,with my bow. Just have to use low poundage 40# or less. I will have done 2 months of pt. 3 days a week by April 1st. I worked hard at my pt doing what I was told to do at home and no more. My surgery was done with Arthroscopy. Sleeping with the sling on was a bear,got rid of sling after after 4 weeks. Good luck and hang in there. If you were cut open, I see why you have not come along as well as I have. Being cut open is a complete different ball game. By the way I am 70 years young

22-Feb-17
It was open cut, I thought it was going to be arthroscopic like my left was. But Two different surgeons , two different methods.

22-Feb-17
That's a bummer,this was my 3rd shoulder surgery. This was the 1st time I had torn tendion's, all other done with arthroscopy. Doc told me going in he might have to cut me open, but he was able to do it arthroscopic. That was 1st thing I asked in recovery, (did you have to cut me?) Thank God he said NO. Good luck with your recovery.

22-Feb-17
Thanks, my doc said the same thing. He may have to cut. Well I guess he did.

24-Feb-17
Well I am getting about three hours straight of sleep now. Getting better, I get to lose the sling in a little over three more weeks.

• Sitka Gear