Bob Hildenbrand 12-Mar-17
meatus 15-Mar-17
meatus 15-Mar-17
RC 17-Mar-17
Teeton 17-Mar-17
RC 18-Mar-17
PAbowhunter1064 20-Mar-17
01-Mar-17
I started this thread from my spin off from my thread on the Great Phila sports show. It needed it's own thread..

Where the hell does "BOW" come into this. I see not a thing "BOW" about it. Only that no one will buy it to hunt in gun season with it.. But you can bet that ppl with buy it to hunt in "BOW" season. I'm sure that's where the word BOW come from in it's name.

The only one I see promoting it right now is Jim Shockey.. Why is Jim Shockey promoting this? I guess he just likes it.. :) I will boycott any company that has anything to do with him. I will stand strong on my boycott. Please tell me of the companies that support him. Ed

01-Mar-17
Why is Jim Shockey promoting this?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

01-Mar-17
You're preaching to the choir, Ed! I sure hope this does NOT come to PA! : (

01-Mar-17
Rc I knew that,, that's why I got the smiley face after that statement.

Perry,, Yes I am.. But I got to preach somewhere.

I know we are going to hear how this will be good for the handicap.. But handicap have xbows.. Yes the airgun companies (it's not a bow) will push to get this for handicap and will get handicap ppl to push for it.. Maybe even paid handicap ppl.. The airgun folks already have a plan and that's to get it for handicap first then push for all... It comes down to one thing and one thing only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. Sorry Rc I have to use your dollar signs.. But I draw the line and it's for no airguns for anyone.. Ed

02-Mar-17
BIG difference Ron! This thing doesn't even have strings/cables!

02-Mar-17

meatus's Link
Keep the butt hurt coming Ron. lol

02-Mar-17
Yes Outdoor Life a non bias source? Looooaded (Ron White) with crossbow adds.

Just saying.....

02-Mar-17
Our own license book we get when purchasing a hunting license is jammed with those adds.

My comments on the air bow. Just another politico finko attempt to make $ off of the Pa sportsman. Same as the xgun. No real cry for it, no real pounding the PGC for it's inclusion just the PGC getting more $ infusions. IT is all about the $ in PA! Airbow, same thing, $ driven ads, $ driven sales, and more $ for the PGC... Nothing more.

02-Mar-17
Will I be ostracized if I admit I kind of want to shoot one? It looks like a cool toy to play around with, maybe blast a few groundhogs. But bowhunting or archery it certainly is not.

02-Mar-17
ANOTHER shortcut into archery season? The crossbow isn't the only one, Ron.... remember? We do.

Yinzer.... 'blast a groundhog with an arrow'? Yep, that statement tells me it'll be a popular commodity among today's consumer/killers.... though not with BOWhunters.

02-Mar-17
Nope. That's not it. Selective memory, I see. I understand.

02-Mar-17
Meatus,, are you for xbows and the airbow??

02-Mar-17
Just another shortcut for limp-wristed, girlie-men, with gender identity issues.

03-Mar-17
Semi auto's airbows, xguns... Anything to drive license sales... But with all the gadgets we can take into the woods and all the cross sections of the genre of hunters we still can not hunt those same deer we pursue all the other times on a Sunday.... At this point with all the inclusion, what difference would it make? Other than the people who do not want anyone in the woods shooting "their deer"...

03-Mar-17
My family own's a farm and we see less and less trespassing anymore. We see less and less hunter's also.. Our problem with trespassing comes from atv's and hikers. Not hunters.. Trespassing by hikers and atv's drops off in hunt season,, I wonder why??? :) I am 100% on board with guys don't want other guys shooting "their" deer. And believe 100% that the trespassing thing is just an excuse because they don't want to hunt on Sunday and don't want other guys shooting "their" deer,, even on the neighbor's property.. The trespassing thing by hunter's is bull shit!! Ed

03-Mar-17
Teeton.. Ed is correct, sorry... The trespassing here is legendary. Passed on down through many generations and taught more than any other hunting tradition you can name. ATV and motorcycles are stupid down here as well. I have personally kicked (3) generations of trespassers off the same property three times in the same day. It is taught to them.. Time to break that cycle. The grand father, the son and his son... All in the same day.. And all locals.

03-Mar-17
Oh god, not another one of these threads? I read the same crap every couple months in here. Hell it's only a damn deer, just let it go and hunt.

03-Mar-17
"Yinzer.... 'blast a groundhog with an arrow'? Yep, that statement tells me it'll be a popular commodity among today's consumer/killers.... though not with BOWhunters. "

Yeah, the little pests eat my garden and dig under my shed, I'd blast them with dynamite if I could. I blast flies with a compressed air propelled fly swatter and think that's a pretty sweet gadget too. Clearly I'm much less of a man because I don't play dress up in woolens and a fedora and shoot those things with my selfbow.

Someone invents a cool gadget and yinz think it will end the world as we know it.

+1 on the relationship between Sunday hunting, trespassing, and deer greed, however this thread got to there.

03-Mar-17
+1 on the relationship between Sunday hunting, trespassing, and deer greed, however this thread got to there.

Where you been ya old geezer? Every thread in here ends up there..

03-Mar-17
It ain't no longer about hunting, it's about killing and revenue. With the projected 40% reduction in wardens by 2020 it will be a poachers haven.

05-Mar-17
I don't want to get in the middle of your "the sky is falling on PA hunting" discussion, but are you guys serious that the Air Bow is legal for archery hunting in PA?

05-Mar-17
I thought they were considering air rifles (that shoot pellets and BBs), not air bows. There was an air bow tryout spot on the archery range at the Harrisburg show LAST year, but nothing this year.

05-Mar-17
Palongbow, how many hunters have you chased off ur land in the last 2 years?

05-Mar-17
Airbow is legal in Maryland only so far that I know of.

08-Mar-17
It is amazing, once they see those yellow signs, they forget how to read, they forgot where they are and they forget who they are. Kinda like the moment they cross onto your property they get Alzheimer immediately. Then, to top it all off they spin yarns of fictitious people they remember giving them permission with in the last 50 years (who are dead or no longer own the property) and they just saw them "the other day". Amazing... Kind of like a Vulcan mind meld, however it makes the trespasser more dumb, not smarter.

08-Mar-17
But it was ok when you trespassed wasn't it Ron?

08-Mar-17
Don't drink.

08-Mar-17
I would bet if you did had one or two arrested it would make a big difference.

Start a club on it,, you can be even the only member. Now when they are on your hunting grounds it's trespassing and theft of services. Because the club provides a service to it's members for a fee. Also you could sue for what was taken from it's member or members. Point,,, Members are charged $ 20 a year if they pay by this date and give the club 5 or what ever hours of work. Members that don't pay by this date and don't get the min hours in are charged $500 a year. So the guy (trespassers) that are hunting on the club grounds fall into the $500 membership and can be sue for $500.00 as they stole a $500 membership.. You don't even have to have one member at the $500 to sue for $500, just have to have that membership available.

That said,, post the grounds with a club name,, not your own.. Walking up to posted land and see a mans name on the poster and seeing a name like say Palongbow Rod and Gun Club does make a big difference, as you are worried hunters being on your land and not the Sunday bird watchers.

08-Mar-17
Palongbow Rod and Gun Club ..

Yup that would be fitting.. LOL

08-Mar-17
Well I thought it was a better name than RC Rod and Gun Club.. :)

08-Mar-17
LOL:)

More like 308, compound man, my hunting club..

Bought land, posted it, plants food plots with his quad, etc...

Field of dreams...

Hasn't hunted with a longbow in years..

LMFAO

10-Mar-17
Adelphia Rod & Gun lol

10-Mar-17
That works.

11-Mar-17
Ya might as well, Mike. Ole palongbowtougue is getten one...

12-Mar-17
*Instantaneous. Hooked on Phonics tard!

12-Mar-17
John. I am pretty sure they still do offer the Dale Carnegie course. Think about it.

15-Mar-17

meatus's Link
For you PAcluelessbow! Simple to follow instructions, even a moron like you can follow.

15-Mar-17
Hey Pot, my name is Kettle, nice to meet you.

17-Mar-17
:)

17-Mar-17
This tread is gotten out of hand and can we just stop posting on my thread. I did not start it so it could go this way.. Respectfully Ed

18-Mar-17
I agree Ed.

20-Mar-17
Back to the topic at hand....

In my opinion, the whole airbow thing is a moot point. After the the crossbow industry got their foot in PA's archery season, they kicked the door open for the next gadget someone could invent that launched an arrow. I don't worry so much about crossbows, or anyone that wants to use one. I DO worry about how crossbows, airbows, and harpoon guns will impact the length of archery season. Yes, I know...I'm one of those greedy bowhunters that wants the woods all to myself during the months of October-mid-November. We have one of the shortest archery seasons in the country, and don't want to lose what great organizations like the UBP fought to get us. I'm worried the inclusion of more weapons, in the name of making it "easier" and a "recruitment tool" during archery season, will also decrease season length.

On another note, my wife and I stopped at the Cabela's in Newark, DE last weekend. Even though it paled in comparison to the one we have here in Hamburg, PA, I headed right back to the archery section. To my dismay, there were 4 aisle racks filled with crossbows, and on the back wall were only 16 bows. They included 6 youth bows, 4 bowfishing bows, 2 ladies bows, and 4 adult bows. There were also a few recurves on a rack, but I may have confused them with the walking canes they had for sale. (joking, joking!) There was a stand set up by a crossbow manufacturer, raffling off a chance to win a crossbow and a turkey hunt. The last time I set foot in a Cabelas, there were racks of compound bows as far as I could see. I walked out of the store realizing three things...times are changing, I'm getting older, and no matter what weapon people choose to hunt with, it won't stop me from hunting with my trusty ol' Hoyt!

• Sitka Gear