Contributors to this thread:
tonyo6302 13-Mar-17
Bowhunter s 20-Feb-19
Bowhunter s 20-Feb-19
timex 27-Apr-19
jfish 08-Oct-19
13-Mar-17

tonyo6302's Link
The Deer kill was waaaaaaayyy down this past fall.

I think we all expected as much.

I talked to Silver Ridge Farm in Stafford County when I dropped off a Deer for processing, and they said they had not taken in very many deer at all.

See the linky for the data.

https://www.dgif.virginia.gov/wildlife/deer/harvestsummary/

20-Feb-19
Can't harvest 8 deer a year and see more deer the next year or you will have what we got in some areas in pennsylvania no deer.

20-Feb-19
Pennsylvania got hunters that say I got to fill all my doe tags, what cause you went broke paying 6 dollars for them. Lol.

27-Apr-19
my area of VA Accomac & Northampton counties & A farm I hunt in Loudon co all have an overpopulation of doe's my opinion is that less deer is not the problem TROPHY hunting is the problem a freezer full of venison is not as important as it used to be. the younger generation of hunters just want to emulate the tv celebrity hunters & kill buck's. hunting for food is a thing of the past. now they hunt for facebook selfies

08-Oct-19
Liberal limits, and yotes spell disaster! Go ahead keep shooting every doe you can, there will be a cost. Those that grew up hunting through the 60s-70s can relate. It’s not just the number of deer taken that tells the story. The average age of the deer has to be considered. If your average age is younger than 2.5 or more all your doing is gradually wearing the herd away. One bad winter, a disease comes through and you’ll hear a lot of crying. Remember hunters are more effective now than ever. Xbows, 150yd ML, google earth, gps, ion generators, etc....

• Sitka Gear