Cruz2017 22-Mar-17
Cruz2017 22-Mar-17
Brian Howell 31-Mar-17
22-Mar-17

Cruz2017's embedded Photo
This is us Anthony and haley
Cruz2017's embedded Photo
This is us Anthony and haley
Hello everyone!! My fiancé and I are getting married at the end of April with a honeymoon June 15-25 in your beautiful state of Hawaii! We are very excited. We both are avid archery hunters and one of the reasons we planned on a Hawaii honeymoon was the opportunity to bow hunt. We are looking at the Hawaiian safari outfitters but for a black Hawaiian sheep it's 1750$ for a trophy animal. What about a DIY hunt? Or local hunters that can help a couple newlyweds out and point us in a direction to start looking. Should we do the outfitter? Bad thing with that is its double the cost so 3-4000$ for us both to hunt Hawaii that's pretty rough. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Or even a couple new hunting partners that wants to go along with us! Thank you Anthony

22-Mar-17
Sorry I did not inform you on our plans. We are staying in then flying to the big island for the last 3 nights our plane will leave at 1030 pm that Sunday we plan on hunting Saturday as of now but maybe hunting Saturday and Sunday before our flight

31-Mar-17
Are you only planning on visiting the Big Island? Because June is the peak of the axis rut in Hawaii, and there are lots of axis deer on Maui. The backside of Mt. Haleakala by Kaupo has great Spanish goat, pig, and axis deer hunting in beautiful green easy stalking terrain. Maui Hunting Safari offers guided hunts there. The area is loaded with big Spanish goats. It will be expensive, but not as much as Pat Fisher's outfitting. FYI, the Big Island is way tougher footing than Maui as the underlying sharp a'a lava inhibits stalking to a degree. Moving in on black Haw'n sheep (Merino), mouflon, or the hybrid in the vast expanse of Hawaii Island is way more difficult than outflanking Spanish goats in the tree lined rolling grass hillsides encompassing the Kaupo region of Maui. Check out my Remembering Polipoli photo story set on this forum for pics of similar terrain. The Pu'u Pane hill / Polipoli region is next to Kaupo Ranch, but unfortunately no longer open to the public. You could also DIY at Polipoli Springs on the frontside of Haleakala for pig and deer, but finding any animal there is tough. Some sort of Hunter Education certification is required to obtain a Hawaii hunting license.

• Sitka Gear