Contributors to this thread:
Too Many Bows Bob 25-Mar-17
mgmicky 25-Mar-17
mgmicky 26-Mar-17
DarrinG 11-Apr-17
25-Mar-17
I have a friend who is going to be going with his wife to Bakersville this summer. She is going to be taking a class and my friend wanted to go bow hunting with his recurve for hogs while he was there. Any ideas about either public/private land or outfitters who work that area? If you do, please PM me.

Thanks,

TMBB

25-Mar-17
Bob, part of the Pisgah National Forest is in Mitchell Co. I have hunted up there for 2 seasons and have never seen a wild boar. It is very difficult terrain to hunt, even with a gun. It's a lot different than mountains out west. It's very steep, basically strait up and strait down-no saddles or plateaus to set up on like out west. In fact, I have only seen 2 deer up there in 2 seasons of hunting. The majority of the hogs are in the eastern part of the state...5 +hours from Mitchell CO. There are several outfitters near the coast of NC/SC that specialize in hogs

25-Mar-17
Thanks for the information. I'll tell my friend TMBB

25-Mar-17
If you got my inquiry about fishing near Bakersville, please respond here as I can't seem to find how to get a PM.

Bob

26-Mar-17
There are some trout streams and some lakes in western NC, but I don't have any experience fishing there

11-Apr-17
Bob, I'm a Mitchell Co. native and still live here. Maybe we could get together and shoot a little at the very least.

• Sitka Gear