RD 30-Mar-17
Tonybear61 30-Mar-17
12yards 31-Mar-17
Tonybear61 02-Apr-17
MNRazorhead 03-Apr-17
Tonybear61 15-Apr-17
Tonybear61 16-Apr-17
25-Mar-17
I have been seeing birds in the fields- 78 (last night) with only a few mature toms, but no strutting yet. Anyone seeing strutting toms yet?

Maybe after the warmer weather this weekend??

26-Mar-17
They were 6 strutting the other day where I hunt. The landowner has to chase them away from his sliding glass door so they don't peck at their reflections.

26-Mar-17
My Mom has that issue at the Sr. housing in the cities. Come right up to the picture window, can see them really well now they clear-cut most of the swamp behind the building.

27-Mar-17
Had 6 in the SW metro neighborhood the other day but no strutting.

28-Mar-17
They've been strutting for over a month on West River Road by the dam!

30-Mar-17
Headed to Nebraska in the morning, should be strutting down there!

30-Mar-17
I saw a bunch at a construction site this morning, the 4 big toms were fluffed up strutting all around the new building that just had been put up. Used to be a nice hay, wheat field, probably were living there for years...

31-Mar-17
Central MN, Morrison and Todd Counties, I've been seeing strutting toms all week. Not a lot of birds, but definitely strutting.

02-Apr-17

Tonybear61's embedded Photo
Hung up Tom , just out of range
Hung up Tom , just out of range
This is my set-up and a hung up bird from last year. Hung up about 32-33 yds (too far for me I m afraid) and wouldn't come closer. Gobbled, strutted, etc. for over a 1/2 hour. Some folks are telling me the short beard tom decoy needed to face him, others say it should face away(towards the blind) so he needs to come closer to challenge.

Any thoughts?

03-Apr-17
Had them strutting like crazy last weekend out at one of the places me and my buddy hunt.

15-Apr-17

Stutting when it was 38 degrees, now two in the freezer (my wife and I ). Out with my son tomorrow for a triple???

16-Apr-17

Then there were three down..

• Sitka Gear