buxandbass 17-Apr-17
Franzen 17-Apr-17
jstephens61 17-Apr-17
Reload 18-Apr-17
jstephens61 19-Apr-17
06-Apr-17

buxandbass's embedded Photo
buxandbass's embedded Photo
Day 2 in a southern Illinois first season, this 2 year old bird showed up with a couple of buddies right at 12:30. Lots of fun on a beautiful spring day. That afternoon brought another treat when we found about 90 nice morels.

07-Apr-17
Nice bird! Strange looking bow. Turkeys dropping, mushrooms popping, can't think of a better spring.

09-Apr-17
Congrats!

11-Apr-17
Yup getting green fast. I'm working in the St Louis area this week. Got another 2 seasons until my first tag. Public land but I got a slammer spot nobody bothers with.

11-Apr-17
I'm heading out to Nebraska tomorrow for 2 days with the bow and one with the gun. My buddy has hunted there for a couple years so he has an idea where to go. As for my farm I may try 4th season if I can get out there.

12-Apr-17
Called two birds in to 25 yards this week, one on Sunday and one Monday. I couldn't get a shot off either time. That first bird I called in a second time and released an arrow when I thought he was close enough. Turned out he was further than I thought, so I screwed that one up... nothing but air. It's been a little tough for me to get a good handle on yardage in the heat of the moment.

Is that really a two year old with a jake fan? I have seen pics of birds like that before (mostly non-eastern), but have not seen a live one like that.

16-Apr-17
It's comments, like the one above that it's a wonder anyone posts here on the Illinois forum. If he says it's a two year old who are we to judge? Congrats to you buxandbass

17-Apr-17
Hey reload....thanks. those comments used to bother me but what good does being a hater do? maybe I shouldn't have posed a gun kill here, but I was so excited to call in and harvest a bird after two years of no luck that I got carried away. Honestly, I enjoy seeing hunting success in all forms......I have one more tag for third season in Jersey county and hope for the best.

17-Apr-17
I agree reload... everyone is a butthurt baby nowadays. I just asked a question.

17-Apr-17
No hating here, just poking fun at your strange bow. A bird with any weapon is something to be proud of.

18-Apr-17
Good luck to you in Jersey county buxandbass. Spring turkey season never lasts long enough. FYI, Rokslide is a site you may wanna check out. A lot less hostile environment and a good group of guys. Good luck to you all this spring

19-Apr-17
Wow! A guy questions the age of your bird after you post a gun kill on Bowsite and suddenly we're hostile and haters. Maybe you should curl up in your safe place buttercup. What has been said is nothing more than what my bow hunting buddies would say in good natured ribbing.

• Sitka Gear