Contributors to this thread:
JT 14-Apr-17
dave kaden 22-Apr-17
cantgetdrawn 28-Apr-17
splitlimb13 28-Apr-17
cantgetdrawn 28-Apr-17
splitlimb13 29-Apr-17
14-Apr-17
Fortunate to draw unit 36 for elk Sept 1-14. Hoping there are some out there that would be willing to share their knowledge and experience from that unit. Areas to hunt, where to park and hunt from or to set up spike camp, average size of bulls, etc... This is our first time in this unit but not our first time hunting elk in NM. We are prepared for a rugged and grueling hunt but are physically prepared for that part. Thanks in advance and I hope everyone was able to draw something or are able to get out on some fun hunts this fall.

22-Apr-17
I have hunted the area around top of ruidoso ski area as well as the area around ft stanton. saw nice bulls in both areas..

28-Apr-17
There are elk in most areas of 36. I have a tag for the 2nd season (first time in 20 years I get my 1st choice archery). I will probably hunt ski run road and the Monjue area.

28-Apr-17
Jimmy !!! Way to go Geno here ,been forever since I've been on !!! That means you won't kill the one I tied to a tree in my unit!!! Good luck to all you in 36!!

28-Apr-17
Thanks Geno. If I get one this year, next year your unit will be my first two choices, so you can tie one up for me. Afterwards I'll just throw it on my back whole and walk it out :D

29-Apr-17
Haha let me know Jimmy , I'll be there recording the whole thing ??????

• Sitka Gear