pogo 12-May-17
Scooby-doo 12-May-17
Scooby-doo 21-May-17
GAFFER1 21-May-17
Cornpone 23-May-17
T ZEKE 28-May-17
Cornpone 29-May-17
30-Apr-17
Is anyone else out there beside me not hearing a normal amount of gobbling you'd expect at the opening of the season? I've seen birds where I normally do and have birds going through my trail cams but in five mornings have not heard a single gobble. Have never seen anything like this. About two weeks ago I saw 13 that were still moving in a mixed flock of 6 gobblers and 7 hens....only one long beard, the rest jakes. So I know there are birds in the area but M wondering if something about the early warm-ups we had might have skewed the peak gobbling or whatever? Let me know what you all are experiencing.

30-Apr-17
Normal here in 7P numbers seem like they're down from past years. Still gobbling normal though as per years past. best of luck!

01-May-17
Pretty quiet but they're there. I followed a flock around all morning even though they didnt hardly gobble. They ended up in a creek seep in the multiflora rose...sneeky

01-May-17
They were gobbling good up here near Rochester. I worked one on the roost until two dumbasses tried to walk in on him while he was roasted. They looked like Elmer Fudd.

Worked another an hour later....... to the decoys and passed on him.

Had three Jakes come running in at around 9:00am and they hung around for ten minutes.

Then the rain hit. I'll try again Wednesday. Good luck everyone?

01-May-17
Took a nice bird in 9M this am about 7:15am. Only bird I heard and came in hot in less than 3 minutes.

01-May-17
A few more birds around in 6N this spring, heard plenty of gobbling this morning . Killed a long beard this morning around 6:30AM. Hung out for while longer and called in 5 jakes.

07-May-17
Post the video Pat

08-May-17

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

08-May-17
It's been pretty slow in 6s for me. There are more birds than in previous years, but they have not been gobbling. I don't think it's over though. I think last few weeks of May will be good. I love hitting the woods from 10 till 12 late season. There can often be some quick and fast action. I'm hoping this year won't be any different.

08-May-17
30 degrees and snowing in 6N, has shut down the gobbling.

08-May-17
Very quiet here in 4G

09-May-17
Geese are hatching out near Rochester right now so turkeys should be too. It wouldn't surprise me if most hens are done laying eggs a day will stay on the nest for a bit. The Tom's could get active again very soon. I'm hunting in the morning.

10-May-17
I just hope that the rain/snow we have been having doesn't adversely affect the poult recruitment. We have a few more birds this year than the past couple, but if this cold weather kills the eggs, there will be problems.. I miss the days of seeing 5-15 Toms an outing.

10-May-17
saw a Tom and Jake today, they had five hens with them.. only gobbled on the roost at day brake. My calling did nothing but get him to strut some.

11-May-17
I snuck into the oaks yesterday morning at around 9:00am and set up in a blow down. Called about every 20 minutes or so. After the fourth series, I had three Jakes come in silent and harass my Jake decoy ten yards away. No gobbling.

11-May-17

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Then do this.....

11-May-17

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

12-May-17

pogo's embedded Photo
pogo's embedded Photo
I think I might be doing something wrong! This young buck couldn't resist my Jake decoy. Maybe I should use it in November.

12-May-17
Pogo, nothing wrong with putting out a few turkey decoys to calm the deer during deer season. I have done it in Kansas and Indiana several times. Shawn

21-May-17
Toms are out looking now, hens are sitting so the Toms are lonely! Shawn

21-May-17
still with the hens where I hunt, but I have seen some hens by themselves, trying again in the morning

23-May-17
Got a call from my son last evening. A gobbler with a number of hens was going to roost behind their house; they heard them all flying up. He said the bird was gobbling for at least half an hour. He had to leave early for work and I've already got two birds.

28-May-17
grads on the birds Pat, looking forward to getting another bird with my bow in th fall..Tom

29-May-17
Congrats...looks like a really nice bird. Yes, they're still willing to play the game. I called in a good bird for my grandson Saturday morning. Luckily when he missed it with the first shot it just sort of casted about rather than going airborne!

• Sitka Gear