ohiohunter 01-Jun-17
smarba 01-Jun-17
splitlimb13 01-Jun-17
arctichill 03-Jun-17
78cj5 05-Jun-17
arctichill 06-Jun-17
Hossfisher 09-Jun-17
30-May-17
I hunt 16b (wilderness) and have been fairly successful. No specific areas elk can be found all over. You need horses/mules to get elk meat out before it spoils.

30-May-17
Congrats and thanks for the tip.

30-May-17
Pics or it didn't happen.

What areas are typically less pressured?

30-May-17
Are you offering your services for meat extraction??

31-May-17
The areas typically less pressured are the ones that aren't posted on threads...

31-May-17
Hey guys!! There are elk spread out every where in the unit , PLEASE KNOW YOUR LIMITS!!!! every single year people think they can walk in 5 miles and shoot an elk and carry it out on their backs.... NOT HAPPENING!!! Last year a pair of guys were so out of their league they stayed at my friends camp for two day because they were delusional !! Stock is definitely a must if you plan on crossing any major drainages or creeks. I just rode across 2 thirds of it and the trails on the north and east sides are great. Unless you are willing to hurt your self and your stock stay away from the West side. Cooper canyon,iron creek, Turkey feather creek , white water baldy trails from both sides are destroyed . Only way into the West fork is through white creek and there will be a big out fitter camp there so that's a 15 mile ride just to run into an outfit . Hope this helps please be safe and again KNOW YOUR LIMITS .. plenty of good hunting on foot on the north and east side guys. Remember, everything looks doable from the comfort of your couch looking at a map.

01-Jun-17
My PM works.

01-Jun-17
What you talking about ohio

01-Jun-17

01-Jun-17
"The areas typically less pressured are the ones that aren't posted on threads..."

01-Jun-17
I believe he means "please PM me the areas that are less pressured".

01-Jun-17
Lol okay

03-Jun-17
I'm still trying to figure out the intent of the OP??

05-Jun-17
Everybody put in for 16B since you can be fairly successful is my take on the intent of the OP.

06-Jun-17
If that was his intent, he posted a bit late. The apps were in when he posted. Even so, I coincidentally followed hias advice and put in for 16B. I lost. Colorado, here I come!

09-Jun-17

• Sitka Gear