Brotsky 05-Jun-17
Griz34 05-Jun-17
Brotsky 06-Jun-17
grizzly 22-Jun-17
Brotsky 22-Jun-17
grizzly 22-Jun-17
Griz34 23-Jun-17
01-Jun-17
Anyone have better luck than me in the elk draw ? Like the Vikings, there is always next year I guess.

01-Jun-17
With 16 preference points I finally got the prairie tag. Yippee I can't wait for Sept.

02-Jun-17
Ditto Grizz.

02-Jun-17
I struck out as well with 14 years.

02-Jun-17
No luck here either: 20 points Mt Goat 18 points BH Sheep 27 points Archery CSP 28 points Rifle CSP 16 points Antlerless CSP 10 points Rifle BH Elk 1 point Archery BH Elk 17 points Prairie Elk

03-Jun-17
Wow,SDB u are due!

05-Jun-17
Leftee I can't complain. I have drawn a late season archery elk tag in CSP, drawn the BH archery elk tag twice, and the rifle BH tag once. Have also drawn a CSP whitetail tag.

I have also drawn some really good out of state tags including mountain goat in CO with only two points! 16D rifle elk in NM, 16B rifle elk in NM twice, 76 archery elk in CO 4 times, and 54-1 late season migration elk in WY. And my sons have drawn youth ibex in NM, 34 rifle youth elk in NM, and 5B youth deer in NM. We have had some fantastic hunts.

05-Jun-17
My email received from SDGFP: "Congratulations! We have recently completed the 2017 DRAW #1 BLACK HILLS ARCHERY ELK Your choice, H2A21 was successful."

I drew for archery H2! After 15 years of applying I am looking forward to the hunt. Any insight would not be expected but appreciated.

05-Jun-17
Dean, sent you a PM.

05-Jun-17
Brotsky...congrats to your daughter! I can only imagine, my whole family struck out on elk. I struck out in Arizona, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, and South Dakota. That's okay though, I have a ton of deer and antelope hunts planned for this fall!

06-Jun-17
Thanks Griz! She is the luckiest kid on the planet, it's hardly fair to the rest of us when she's in the draw.

22-Jun-17
Sweet, got lucky in the second chance, rifle antlerless H2E.

22-Jun-17
Nice draw grizz! If I have a line on some elk I'll let you know where they are after my daughter's hunt. I didn't play the second chance game, one tag per household is enough, give someone else a chance!

22-Jun-17
thanks, kind of you to let others have a chance. Good luck to your daughter.

23-Jun-17
I tried for H2G23 firearm elk and H2A23 Archery elk in the second draw and unsuccessful again. I have one more shot to draw a leftover cow tag in Wyoming but I think I used up all my luck when I won the March giveaway for GoHunt.com

• Sitka Gear