Brun 02-Jul-17
Stringflipper 03-Jul-17
Big-Al 30-Jul-17
publichunter1 02-Aug-17
P&Y400 21-Jun-18
Brun 21-Jun-18
Big-Al 20-Aug-18
05-Jun-17
I was fortunate enough to draw unit 10 for archery Elk. Any fellow hunters care to impart some knowledge? I've scouted the are a couple of times and have a working knowledge of the area...love to hear from you.

06-Jun-17
Dakota, Congratulations on the tag. I think I can probably help you some. I know the area pretty well. I'm leaving on a 4 day fishing trip tomorrow and will be out of touch until this weekend. Send me a private message and I will answer when I return.

28-Jun-17
seen herd of bulls in february around mm 30 on hiway 40 my guess is they were headed for the top of the mountain north

01-Jul-17
update south of hiway 40 is a burnt up mess not much grass left or powerpoles for that matter

02-Jul-17
Stringflipper. Hadn't heard about a fire up there. How big was it and was it in the eastern or western part of the unit?

03-Jul-17
south of blue mountain, masadona, between hiway 40 and hiway 64, thousands of acres, it burnt the power poles along side of road from blue mountain to rangely

30-Jul-17

Big-Al's Link
I can help you out with some info. I took a nice bull there last year opening day--I just couldn't pass him up! Probably had close to 500 pictures of elk up there from 5 cameras we had placed throughout the summer. Attached is the video that we made of the hunt. Enjoy and message me if you'd like some further information. Alex

02-Aug-17
Nice video Alex and congrats on an awesome bull!

21-Jun-18
Big-Al if you are still looking at this thread in 2018 I could use some of your knowledge on Area 10 if you don’t mind sharing.

21-Jun-18
Sent PM

20-Aug-18
Good luck to all of you out there! My brother drew unit 10 archery elk and we have some great bulls on camera and on our hit list. It's an incredibly dry year up there. Water will be the key. Stay safe.

• Sitka Gear