tonyo6302 05-Sep-17
Bandicooter 23-Sep-17
Nonrespropowner 24-Sep-17
Nonrespropowner 27-Oct-17
Shufigo 05-Nov-17
Bandicooter 05-Nov-17
Shufigo 10-Jan-18
06-Jul-17
I've been keeping my cameras out all year to get a better feel for what is happening on my property. I was happy to see some of the big 2016 bucks survived as per pictures and videos from January through March. As of June 15, I have videos of (3) mature bucks 18-20" already, and appearing 4x4, 4x5, and 6x6 (split G2s) with bases as big as the bases of their ears( and 2 months to grow!). There is another 20-22" that doesn't have as much mass or height, and lots of young bucks. Actually, I have more bucks than does, and only a single doe with a fawn. Last year's fawns were all, or almost all, button bucks. Oh, there is a sow bear with cub that I ran into while servicing cameras, and no coyote photos since May.

I need to replace a couple of older cameras, and hope to get those replacements soon.

06-Jul-17
Sounds like your in for a good season! I'll be glad to come hunt with you just let me know when haha. Good luck this year and post some pics!

07-Jul-17
Good to hear some of your big bucks survived, cannot wait for the season to start. Best of luck and definitely post up some of those pics.

07-Jul-17
I would post up a couple of videos if I had a place to host them. I did post a picture of a big bobcat in the mountain lion thread.

edit: OK, lets try this. If this hosting site is problematic, let me know and I'll not use it.

4x4 6/15/17

6x6 6/15/17 2 months to grow!!!

5x6 12/2/16 now most likely the 6x6 in the video above. I don't think he liked the glow from the camera.

08-Jul-17
That split G2 buck is a dandy!

08-Jul-17
There must be something in the local genetics with the split G2s. I took an 8pt several years back and it had a split G2. There is another 4x5 that is almost the twin to the 4x4 above.

04-Sep-17
The buck on the left side is pretty wide, has decent mass, but not real tall. The others need another year or two. https://vimeo.com/232407910

04-Sep-17

Nonrespropowner's Link
Lets try this again!

3bucks from Eric Stevens on Vimeo.

04-Sep-17
The larger of these bucks would be difficult for me to let walk by.

nice8 from Eric Stevens on Vimeo.

04-Sep-17
I would REALLY like to see one or all of these walk by while I'm hunting.

OMG from Eric Stevens on Vimeo.

05-Sep-17
Thanks for sharing.

23-Sep-17
Getting to be too many bears. Had a camera crunched by one the other day. Didn't even give me a decent picture....just fuzz.

24-Sep-17
I hear ya about the bears. I have a sow bear with triplets on camera several times, and one of the cubs broke a camera off its 1/4-20 mount. That camera survived. Another camera mounted low to the ground was discovered by a cub that spun that camera upside down and it filled with water....Moultrie M80 to the trash! I think this is a single cub to another sow. I may have purchased my last infrared flash camera. The replacements I've purchased are all of the no-glow variety.

27-Oct-17
I managed to get out last weekend. The deer weren't moving at all where I was, but the squirrels sure were busy. The cards in the cameras showed some of the same, and a few different bucks over the past month. The 3 big ones running together now seems like a pair. I saw some rubs in a line complete with a couple of scrapes, but it didn't pay dividends for the time I had available.

At least one of the cubs seemed to be attracted to my cameras on a regular basis. It didn't damage anything, but most definitely tried to claw them off the trees. I've since moved a couple of them because of the annoyance.

05-Nov-17

Shufigo's embedded Photo
Shufigo's embedded Photo
Look who showed up in the turnip patch on Halloween night. Wish he'd been about 10 yards closer to get a good look at the tines, especially on the right side.

05-Nov-17

Bandicooter's embedded Photo
Pulled cards this weekend. Chasing was going full blast last week. Photos of numerous bucks past a single camera with almost all in daylight hours. Most have their mouths open as if they were chasing. Now I just have to set up on the spot without stinking it up.

10-Jan-18

Shufigo's embedded Photo
Shufigo's embedded Photo
They sure knew when season ended. Two days after close, 10 deer in my turnip patch. The patch looks like a cattle feed lot. Well, nice population base to go into the new year with.

• Sitka Gear