rcole414 14-Jul-17
Quailhunter 14-Jul-17
okiehorn 14-Jul-17
BigOk 26-Jul-17
TKBASS05 23-Aug-17
swampokie 19-Sep-17
okiehorn 17-Oct-17
06-Jul-17
Been to MCAAP twice before but both times in boggy. Looking for some Hominy advice. My weekend is Nov. 3-5. Anybody know where any giants live there? I'd be glad to share my boggy info. Saw a 170" last time I was there and a slew of nice younger deer.

06-Jul-17
I drew in same weekend. I'm in deer creek. I drew hominy in 2014 and hunted northwest corner. There are a lot of pines. Lots of deer and hog sign.

07-Jul-17
When you drew in 2014, what weekend was it? Were you able to put your eyes on anything worth writing home about?

07-Jul-17
It was the last of Oct. Didn't find it until last evening. Lots of sign but it was 90 degrees. Whitehat had a stand in there.

07-Jul-17
If the white hat has a stand in there, that's all I need to know. How far in the northwest corner? North of the bunkers? How close to highway 31 were you?

07-Jul-17
Also, has anyone ever done the velvet tour and is it worth it? How do they organize it?

08-Jul-17
Drew Hominy about 5 years ago and we hunted around roads 6 and B seen a lot of deer. I even found a match set of sheds , the Biologist estimated them at around 200'.

08-Jul-17
Haven't hunted it in years but have hunted several times. Hominy every time. I don't think there's a bad spot out there. Don't waste your time walking in too far.

11-Jul-17
Agree with quailhunter. No need walking far from road or bunkers. Follow creek banks and acorns.

I shot a buck (no monster) between Roads 6 and 7 east of Road A close to the creek but spitting distance from a bunker. I have to credit my wife for that deer. My pack is hanging on back of tree with cell phone inside (first year that cell phones were allowed). My wife calls and I forgot to silence the phone and as I turn around to turn it off I see the buck strolling up behind me. I didn't touch the phone and wife's ringtone (Touch of Gray by Grateful Dead) didn't bother him at all as he walked into a shooting lane.

11-Jul-17
We hunted the SW corner of it a few years ago. Same weekend the OP has. Missed 2 does (in the exact same spot)...dangit. I only saw one shooter buck all weekend, but my buddies saw several nice ones, but couldn't get a shot. Word is the biggest deer shot that year came out of the same creek bottom we were hunting. I don't think you can go wrong. Kind of a crapshoot to some extent, especially that week with all the bucks pushing does all over.

11-Jul-17
There are deer all over Hominy. Find somewhere with a good food source. As far as the velvet tour... I don't believe they do it any more. At least not the last couple of years. I went on it a couple of times and it will give you the fever. You'll be trying to remember exactly where you saw them. So many bucks and with the velvet they look even bigger. It was fun.

11-Jul-17
Soonerowl You are correct about the Velvet Tours just found out today they are not having them this year. We drew Boggy on the last weekend so any of you guys that want to share info after your hunts I will appreciate it. Good luck on your hunts.

14-Jul-17
I have been drawn in to MCAAP 6 times now. First 4 times was in Hominy, last time Deer Creek and this year Boggy. Rd B and Rd 6 is where I have always hunted. I can give you specifics if you would like. Several shooters, but none of the top ten. I would appreciate any information on Boggy you would like to share.

14-Jul-17
Wonder what the odds are of seeing one of ten deer on 45,000 acres.....

14-Jul-17
Anybody have advice for deer creek.

26-Jul-17
I know several people who have hunted Hominy in the last few years. They all hunt tree lines of open fields. No success but have seen a lot of good deer.

23-Aug-17
Im also in hominy Nov 3-5 im torn between 2 spots......I have been to deer creek a couple of times as well have nothing special there but did get a few shots.

19-Sep-17
Good weekend! DUCK MARSH!!!!!!

17-Oct-17
Has anyone been on their hunt yet. just curious about QP this year.

• Sitka Gear