dean j 18-Aug-17
Bostoned 22-Aug-17
DeerDan 24-Aug-17
DeerDan 24-Aug-17
Smitty 25-Aug-17
07-Jul-17

RIDeerhunter's embedded Photo
RIDeerhunter's embedded Photo
OK, so am I the only one who is crawling out of my skin to do some hunting? I've seen tons of deer in the woods and I'm dying to get in there with my crossbow!!!

12-Jul-17
I was till the horse flies chased me out of the woods sunday. I hear archery season isn't going to start till October 1 is this true?

13-Jul-17
I heard the same thing October 1 start, but haven't seen official regs yet

23-Jul-17

dean j's embedded Photo
dean j's embedded Photo
Here's my buck from last year back from the taxidermist

25-Jul-17
Zone 1 opens on Sept 15 Zone 2 opens Oct 1 Zone 3 & 4 are specified by dates Here is a link to the new regs PDF - http://www.dem.ri.gov/pubs/regs/regs/fishwild/hunt1718.pdf Good luck and enjoy the rest of the summer.

07-Aug-17
Just finished planting some beets and forage in a tiny plot. Hoping the rain will help germinate and get things going. Season opens in a little over a month for Zone 1 so I'm rather excited about that.

07-Aug-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
Been seeing lots of deer lately. Had these two does and fawn cross in front of me today.

09-Aug-17
Well Dan, they certainly knew you were there! LOL Where is home territory? I'm in S. Kingstown

10-Aug-17
Yeah Sorry I haven't posted back in a while but it's getting closer!!!! Saw 5 deer in one trail pic :) even had 2 eight point bucks in one pic, for some reason I can't upload them???

18-Aug-17
Any idea why they changed the start of the season in Zone 2 to Oct 1? I am dying to get out and time this year is going to be a little more difficult for me to find. I was really looking forward to 9/15 start. Now i need to wait till 10/1.

18-Aug-17
You could hunt zone 1 sept 15

22-Aug-17
Yeah, but I only started hunting RI last year. I was just becoming familiar with the area I was hunting last year. I would just be stumbling through the woods if I tried to hunt zone 1 for only 2 weeks, it isn't worth it.

24-Aug-17
Now that it's cooling down i'm starting to get excited!

24-Aug-17
Smitty i hope they saw me i was in a 16' box truck! lol I hunt mainly private land all over the state and a few spots in CT.

25-Aug-17
You were not in "sneak" mode in a 16' box truck! LOL. Good luck in the season.

• Sitka Gear