cubdrvr 25-Aug-17
Benet00 28-Aug-17
highmarkX 07-Sep-17
Missouribreaks 02-Oct-17
Missouribreaks 28-Jan-19
Missouribreaks 28-Jan-19
13-Jul-17
Bigdan,

How are things looking so far for elk this year in the breaks?

14-Jul-17
look at the Missouri breaks report on the main forums

14-Jul-17
They are going to be well done by the end of summer! :)

12-Aug-17
The drought is severe, fire ban in most areas as well as restrictions on travel. I heard in Petroleum county if you start a fire off from county or state roads, even with vehicle muffler or converter you are responsible for the costs. I would not hunt in 410 if I had a choice of elsewhere this year, unless perhaps with a private landowner or outfitter who is responsible and has insurance. BLM is a tinder box. There is also talk of an archery season delay in certain areas, but may not have merit. Lets hope for moisture.

15-Aug-17
From everything I hear, the rain just isn't hitting the ground and landowners are likely to restrict access unless they get significant rain.

15-Aug-17
There has been no significant recent rain south of the river. Lots of game animals displaced due to lack of food and fires. Some areas of course better than others, there is still time. Most BLM looks highly flammable.

15-Aug-17
Talked to a buddy that lives in Winnett. He said it is the worst he has seen since he moved over there 15 years ago. He strongly recommended an alternative plan until or if they get some good moisture. Not because the hunting won't be good, but because of the fear of even parking off the road and starting a fire. He said he wouldn't even dare fart out in the high grass.

15-Aug-17
Well good thing the farmers almanac is predicting moisture September 1-6.

15-Aug-17
Missouribreaks- I am curious as to where the news or this meeting was held to delay archery seaosn?

15-Aug-17
It is sage brush talk and I do not know the sources, which is why I stated I did not know if it was true. I know of no meetings having such discussions.

25-Aug-17
Has there been any recent rain in the breaks to improve the conditions? If not any more rumors on a closure?

25-Aug-17
There was just enough last night (24 th) to keep the 4 fires that started from getting out of hand here on the south side in 700. Maybe a few hundreds. Pretty much couldn't tell by noon today. Forecast is for hot and dry. High 80s to low 90s next 5 days.

28-Aug-17
From our sources up in 410 there has been no rain. Looking at the extended forecast it is going to be a tinder box for archery season. We are all putting extra fire extinguishers in the truck so we don't accidentally touch something off. I haven't heard anything recently about pushing back the season, but with all the block management closing down there isn't going to be as much land to hunt. Should be interesting.

07-Sep-17
I spent the first few days in 410. There were 4 guys in camp. Elk were sparse. We saw a few cows and only 2 bulls that were pushing the 300 mark. We ended up leaving early. We hunted the willows and the hills. It is dry, feed is hard to find, river has a lot of the islands under water and anywhere that there is a water hole has 4 people sitting on it. No bugles. Elk were only moving an hour in the morning and after dark in the evening.. One thing I can say is if you kill one you better have a good plan on getting it out. 1st 2 days of the season were pushing the 100 degree mark. Good luck.

02-Oct-17
Got to love the snow and moisture coming down in the breaks.

28-Jan-19
A new " International Park", good luck drawing an elk tag there.

https://billingsgazette.com/outdoors/rural-heart-of-montana-confronts-change-at-lewistown-conference/article_818aa84c-7494-549e-8598-0e3dae942ddc.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

28-Jan-19

Missouribreaks's Link

• Sitka Gear