creed 14-Jul-17
Zim1 14-Jul-17
Chuckster 14-Jul-17
Dano 15-Jul-17
Azarchery 15-Jul-17
Scar Finga 17-Jul-17
elktrax 17-Jul-17
13-Jul-17
Okay, I busted elktrax's butt for his tick tock posts, but, it is two months and a wake up. I must have been suffering from tag envy, because I get his excitement once again , after 7 years! Shooting as well as I can with the repaired shoulder, 55 yard pin fine tuned this morning. Yes 55, will be my new max, the shoulder is not what it was in the old days .

My cardio training is doing well, I started using the Elevation Training Mask last year to help with the daughters "boy friend"s hunt. Greatest training tool in the world! I use the 9000 ft simulation setting daily, and last year I was cruising easily at the 7-8-9 000 ft level all lat fall. . New Crooked Horn Outfitters fanny pack arrived today, and I like it! I think I have spent all I can before the hunt, we'll see, two months will shoot by but drag at the same timeā€¦

Who else has tags this fall? Bowsite is waaay quiet without elktrax having a tag...

14-Jul-17
Archery Deer in the BAB. I am pretty excited about it, it's been 5 years for me. Going to try and get serious this weekend about shooting. I have been so busy it's really been hit and miss (no pun intended) I am doing ok out to 40, but then really fall off. I usually shoot a lot at 60/70 and that really brings my groups in tight at 40/50. I have all my gear, so no new stuff:(

Just watching the clock tick slowly by... Tic.... Tic..... Tic.

Glad you got drawn!!!

14-Jul-17
Unit 8 bull for me. I had shoulder surgery in April and have a torn rotator cuff in the good shoulder. Doc said I wouldn't be able to shoot a compound and gave me paperwork for a crossbow permit. I bought a Hoyt Carbon Spyder instead and have worked up to 10 arrows a session at 56 pounds. A new Catquiver is in the future. I can't support the weight of a loaded bow with a quiver and need a pack anyway. Figured I could kill two birds with one stone if I went the CQ route. Still working weights and some cardio. Dropped about 10lbs and hopefully another 5 pretty quick.

14-Jul-17
I know I got the unit 1 elk tag already, but am antsy for confirmation of my deer tag, even though my first choice has only a 1% bonus round chance. Bab archery 15% depending on which odds publisher you believe. Checking portal every day.

14-Jul-17

Chuckster's embedded Photo
A little fishing with Don Martin (AWO Guide) 2 weeks ago
Chuckster's embedded Photo
A little fishing with Don Martin (AWO Guide) 2 weeks ago
Good thing elktrax didn't draw this year so he won't be cluttering up this board with his tic toc crap LOL. After sitting out 5 years we are back in the game with bull tags this year. My grand daughter pulled a junior cow tag this year so she is very excited.

15-Jul-17
In talking with AZGF this week, results should be in the portal Friday next week.

15-Jul-17
I'll be hunting along with chuckster in 6a. Fortunately my job has me working about 15 minutes from clints well for the next month, so the waiting game isn't that bad. Get to sit a waterhole every night.

17-Jul-17
wow, Just found out my wife got drawn with three points and I did not with 5...

Scar.

17-Jul-17

elktrax's embedded Photo
elktrax's embedded Photo
Well well well all u antzy elk hunters.. bet u hear the tic toc now...lol.. Awesome in all your tags.. and Chuckster i wont let u down with post..lol

• Sitka Gear