Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
gotitwithmybow 16-Jul-17
Topgun 30-06 17-Jul-17
gotitwithmybow 18-Jul-17
Topgun 30-06 21-Jul-17
plenty coups 22-Jul-17
16-Jul-17
Going to give this tag a go. I have been on the unit before. If anyone wants to chat or trade some info just let me know. Going to try to get up there early before the rifle tags can get in on the 15th with their bows. It will be fun no matter how it turns out! Good luck everyone. Todd

17-Jul-17
IMHO that's always the best way to go if you have a Type 9 tag for a unit where the Type 1 tag holders can hunt starting 10/15. I helped two years in a row in 2014 and 2015 in unit 45 and the influx of Type 1 tag holders on 10/15 was ridiculous!

18-Jul-17
Thanks Topgun. Any advice for early season in Bighorns? I know a few wallow sites, will throw a camera up and hunt them if they are getting used.

21-Jul-17
IMHO out of the way water holes are the first thing to look for in the early season hunts up there because it can still be pretty warm up high in September.

22-Jul-17
Slopes that are damp/wet and COOL timber. Bulls will make a wallow if it is hot and they need to stay in the dark cool timber. I have hunted 38 when it was 80 degrees and though active because of the rut they still need to stay cool. Horny bastids really can work themselves up especially the younger ones early on.

• Sitka Gear