IntruderBN 04-Sep-17
arctichill 05-Sep-17
arctichill 05-Sep-17
priley 06-Sep-17
78cj5 08-Sep-17
09-Aug-17

arctichill's embedded Photo
A situation exists across the west that demands users of wild, public lands stand up and fight to conserve these rapidly diminishing places. These lands are crucial for clean air and clean water. These lands provide critical habitat for wildlife...both flora and fauna. Hundreds of thousands of New Mexican's rely on access to wild lands as they connect with the land in their effort to harvest wild, organic protein from the landscape.

State Trust Lands are an interesting piece in this puzzle. The manner in which these lands [controlled by the State Land Office] are managed is crucial to ALL people who value our natural resources as more than a launchpad for resource extraction. The most valuable resource extracted from these magificent places are the experiences and the memories shared by families as they experience nature in it's full glory.

Hunting, fishing, gathering, camping....these are among the oldest traditions known to the human species. There is ONLY 1 candidate for Land Commissioner in New Mexico who values these traditions as much as the membership of The United Bowhunters of New Mexico.

As the President of the UBNM, it brings me great pleasure to announce our official endorsement of our next State Land Commissioner....Garrett VeneKlasen!

The next few months will require the kind of tenacity sportsmen usually reserve for an elk hunt. If hunting [regardless of weapon choice] matters to you, you will be tenacious in your support of Garrett VeneKlasen.

The future of hunting public land is at stake. I appreciate your vigorous support!

Jesse W. Deubel President- United Bowhunters of New Mexico

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/gvk8.28.17

09-Aug-17
This is HUGE, guys & gals. We need to get behind Garrett and support him in this endeavor. We have the opportunity to really shake things up and streamline hunter access and use of State lands.

09-Aug-17

smarba's Link
Although some might view the event as "expensive" we have a LOT to gain by getting someone as State Land Commissioner that will be a proponent of sportsmen and women. Even if your budget or schedule won't allow you to attend the event, you can donate any amount at the event link.

Imagine having a SLC that advocates for camping on State land! Or pushes for access to landlocked State parcels! It's time for a change ladies & gentlemen...

09-Aug-17
Not to mention that Randy Newberg will be well worth hearing - he's a vocal class act when it comes to hunting and public lands advocacy.

09-Aug-17
Randy is the best. He always responds to me when i post comments on his youtube videos

09-Aug-17
Dang, its a freakin monday. If I make it or not contribution made. It would be great if you can put together a bowsite table or 2.

09-Aug-17
It's a Monday, but better than a weekend when we're hunting/scouting/fishing...

09-Aug-17
how about the SLO blackmailing the G&f for millions, this is one office a hunter friendly person like Garrett is vital, this will change NM in a huge way!

10-Aug-17
Ohiohunter,

We can definitely reserve as many "Bowsite Tables" as are needed. For all Bowsiter's who wish to be seated with fellow members of this forum, please send me a PM with how many tickets you have purchased. This will allow me to reserve the appropriate number of tables. Due to the venue's firecode capacity there are ONLY 100 tickets available. I've not checked how many are left, but if you would like to attend please don't delay.

Again, if you're a Bowsiter who wishes to be seated with other Bowsiter's send me a PM so I can arrange that.

Thanks for your support of public lands!

12-Aug-17
i don't think I can get behind any candidate that thinks this of Hillary "Clinton is a smart, tenacious, courageous, no-nonsense, battle-tested scrapper with a formidable resume and unprecedented lifetime spent in the trenches of government and civil service. She has, for 30 years and despite seemingly insurmountable odds, fought and clawed her way up the male-dominated civil servant ladder and therefore is unquestionably the most qualified civil servant we have ever seen rise to the presumptive candidacy – regardless of party – for president."

The facts about Hillary indicate she is very dishonest, anti 2nd amendment, ext. ext.

my 2 cents

12-Aug-17
I also think that Hillary is the biggest lier, crook and skank politician that every walked the face of the planet but not every person is that way, there are scum in all parties and boy have they been showing their faces lately. I do not vote Democrat very often..... actually I can't remember when, anyway look at what the Republican Dunn did for us, look at what the Republicans are doing with public lands! I have never and probably won't ever vote for Heinrich or Udall but I can suport their effort to save or gain access to public lands, most recent issue Sabinoso wilderness, those guys worked hard and I have to give credit where credit is due. With Garrett you know where he stands, ask him a question and you'll get a straight answer he isn't a politician he's a hunter, fisherman and conservationist and he's running for State Land Commissioner to instill positive changes in our state office, hunters and fisherman won't find a better friend for that office.

IMO party lines are a thing of the past, I am not sure where I even fit anymore, there isn't any party that I feel represents me, at least Garrett has our backs as SLC.

My 2 cents

12-Aug-17
I vote issues and not political affiliation. I don't know if Randy is Democrat or Republican but I know his stance on public land access and DIY hunts on public land. I would vote for Randy if he lived here and was running for SLO. I figure anybody he speaks for probably has his same ideas on public access.

12-Aug-17
I think mrelite thinks as I do. As a lifelong Republican who feels the party only represents the well heeled and right wing group- there's not much there for a moderate of nominal means. It helps me not one bit that the Republicans are behind giving away federal lands. If you are looking for a perfect candidate for any position, you likely will never find such a person. So, look at the areas that are most important to you where the candidate can support your position. Looks like Garrett would support the things that matter to me regarding changes on state lands, such as public access and camping. I frankly do not care one iota what he thinks of Hillary. my 2 cents

13-Aug-17
Yep, sometimes you have to agree to disagree on certain issues. Senator Munoz is a Dem but got SB 296 through. Our esteemed Republican governor tried to pocket veto it. She did however pocket veto our big game license plate bill.

13-Aug-17
when you look at the field Garrett may well be the best choice for state land commissioner . But he is now a politician that thinks Hillary is or was "unquestionably the most qualified civil servant we have ever seen rise to the presumptive candidacy – regardless of party – for president." this BS is either flawed logic on his part or strait dishonesty, either way I don't see him saying what he means or doing what he says just like most politicians.

my other 2 cents

14-Aug-17
If you enjoy hunting on State Trust Lands then there is simply no question which Land Commissioner Candidate running in this race supports that activity. I left the Republican Party when their platform adopted the idea of transferring federally managed public lands to the States. I couldn't bring myself to register as a Democrat so I registered as a Liberterian. Like others have said, party lines are becoming so blurred that party affiliation is increasingly more problematic than helpful.

Randy Newberg has often said, "I belong to the sportsmen party...hunting, fishing and public lands." Well, that's my party also.

Regarding any comments about Hillary, I don't know what was said or the context in which it was said nor do I care. What I DO care about is passing our hunting heritage on to my kids the same way my Dad passed it to me. Garrett is by far the candidate in this race best suited to help me ensure the opportunity exists for me to do that.

14-Aug-17
Let's not go there with Hillary. I, for one, hunt elk on State Land in U48. We have struggled with access and landowner issues since I started hunting there nearly 10 years ago. It seems the landowners have the upper hand and the SLO/GF have been unable/unmotivated to improve the experience for hunters. I understand that the job of the SLO is to generate educational funds from these lands, but it seems this piece in U48 is primarily used for grazing and hunting. Why the sportsmen aren't getting a fair shake on this land is beyond me. I would love to see expanded camping/access to State Trust lands where it makes sense. Democrat or not, he may well get my vote if that is on his agenda. Thanks for the info guys.

29-Aug-17
Not sure about this guy. I like that, like Randy, he's against the stupid idea of turning over public lands to the states. On the other hand, he's: 1) Executive director of an organization that is actually IN FAVOR of Obama's overreaching clean water rule (yet against federal overreach) and,

2) Apparently unable to comprehend the corruption of the Clintons. How can he be expected to understand what does, and does not, constitute corruption at the SLO?

Beware the environmentalist in sportsman's clothing.

29-Aug-17
Can a new SLO Commissioner walk in on his first day in office and open state trust lands up to overnight camping? I'm no expert on grassing leases with the state but I think they are long term leases and would need to be renegotiated , right? not saying its not possible or needed, but I don't see it changing any time soon.

31-Aug-17
Love it Intruder! Who was the last enviro that you met whom has killed 7 elk with a longbow all on public land?

Priley,

The State Land Commissioner can absolutely open camping on State Trust Lands on DAY 1! Grazing permittees are permittees. Hunters are also permittees. Why should hunters require permission from grazers to camp when both are paying permittees of the same tract of land?

Get ready for Garrett VeneKlasen and get ready for a "NEW" New Mexico!

31-Aug-17
IntruderBN, who is your preferred candidate? Pat Lyons? Research White's Peak! Luckily, I've been working with the RMEF to fix the disaster created by criminal Pat Lyons during his last term.

Another likely candidate is Ray Powell. He has been endorsed my multiple animal rights groups. Last time in office Ray outlawed coyote calling contests on state trust lands. Given his recent endorsements, I would expect his expectations in the animal rights arena to be much more exaggerated.

Environmentalist in Sportsman's clothing?? How many elk have you killed with a long bow? If you think you need to destroy the environment to be a sportsman, we're on different pages. What does KUIU or SFW do for sportsmen? Utah politicians are our worst enemy!

If you don't know Garrett, then you obviously don't know Garrett! Well, this issue is damned important to me. I know Garrett and I also know most of the other candidates.

Newberg didn't show up to support this event because Garrett is an "environmentalist in sportsman's clothing".

Shane Mahoney has expressed tremendous support for Garrett VeneKlasen for State Land Commissioner!

Again [knowing that Dunn is DONE, because he is a criminally dishonest politician] who would you prefer to hold the position of State Land Commissioner?

31-Aug-17
arctic, that's pretty good campaigning.

I don't care if he's killed 800 elk with a longbow. I don't know Garrett, so I'm my questions remain:

How does he explain the disconnect between Clinton corruption and SLO corruption? How does he explain NMWF's support for Obama's clean water rule?

THOSE are material issues. With real impacts. this whole "Sagebrush rebellion" of States somehow getting Federal Lands has ZERO chance of ever happening. ZERO. To support a candidate because of that is to support a candidate because of an issue that is practically immaterial.

ENVIRONMENTALISTS are your biggest threat. Not the SLO somehow "land grabbing" your federal lands. You gotta focus on material and immediate threats.

I'm not sure who I support. Dunn was an absolute disaster and the poster boy for why ANY candidate should be screened for his ability to comprehend corruption. Which is why Garrett has a LOT of explaining to do for his Clinton support.

Corruption and wolves. That's what I care about. Longbows be damned.

31-Aug-17
LOL Intruder! If you think the Federal Lands Transfer Act has ZERO chance of ever happening, you might consider getting a mental screening of your own buddy. This thing is real and very well funded. It's actually an integral part of the Republican Party platform!! This is precisely why I left that party.

I'm not sure where you've been, but most hunters ARE environmentalists! Hunters are conservationists right? How can we conserve wildlife without adequate habitat? How can we have adequate habitat without a healthy environment? This "far right" and "far left" stuff fails to describe the majority of voters anymore. This is not about R's and D's, not about Blue and Red.

The office of the State Land Commissioner centers around two things...preserving land and raising money for public education. Garrett has a plan to do both more effectively than any candidate who has ever held the position. You might allow your party affiliation to interfere with your ability to support that, but I cannot.

As for corruption and wolves, I also care about those issues. Both of those issues exist within NM right now. Both need to be controlled by well regulated hunting.

As far as this "Clinton support" thing you keep referencing, I know nothing about it. Regardless, anybody who supported Clinton or Trump in the last election could easily be accused of supporting corruption. Who a person supports in a disgusting excuse for a Presidential Election is not my concern.

01-Sep-17

Intruder, I do appreciate your compliment regarding my campaigning. I am damned sure campaigning with everything I've got. Interestingly though, I'm not campaigning for Garrett. I'm campaigning for the opportunity to pass on the heritage of hunting, fishing and public lands to my kids. Garrett just happens to be our best champion in that arena. I've shared a screenshot from a recent text message conversation I had with Garrett.

01-Sep-17
arctic ranchers are not permittee s. they lease grassing rights by entering into lease agreements with the SLO. this would make them surface lessees.

hunters are not permittee s either. they are granted access to STL thru an easement purchased by the NMGF. whether or not a hunter can camp overnight is up to the surface lessee. I don't think the SLC can walk in his first day on the job and alter the leases.

You keep saying you know nothing about nor do you care about Garrett hitching his wagon to the Clintons is BS.

wish I was hunting elk right now

01-Sep-17
Hunters are not environmentalists. At least I hope not...

01-Sep-17
arctic,

I'm afraid you've taken the land transfer red herring hook, line, and sinker. It's been going on since the 1970s and, the leftist papers have really hyped it up since the Oregon standoff to make the threat seem real and immediate. Sure, I know what Bishop and Chaffertz in Utah have tried to do. The GOP platform, as you conveniently fail to mention, also provides for continued hunting and recreational access. That, also, is not new.

This is a guy that said those opposed to wolf reintroduction should "step out of the way." And he's all for the feds regulating every single ditch and ephemeral arroyo in the lower 48. Which means he's all for big government controlling every acre of land. That's an environmentalist. His support for the waters of the USA clean water rule proves that.

Moreover, it's shown that he's willing to turn a blind eye to corruption as long as it fits his agenda. That's why his Clinton support is relevant. In other words, his election would be a wolfer's wet dream. The fact that he hunts appeals to the sportsman on the margins, but PLEASE don't confuse an environmentalist with a conservationist. That alone would take more text that I'm willing to type here.

Again, not sure who to support. Do the rest of the candidates support federal land transfers? The clean water rule? How do they feel about wolves? Most important, do they seem to support corrupt politicians? THESE are all relevant questions, and they are extremely appropriate in a thread that was started solely to raise funds for a particular candidate.

Again, corruption and wolves. These are the pressing questions.

02-Sep-17
Priley, of course ranchers are permitees!? They purchase a lease which PERMITS them to graze cattle. Hunters are also permitees as NMDG&F purchases a lease which PERMITS hunters to hunt on State Trust Lands. Why should hunters ask ranchers for permission to camp? Have you looked at the lease rate ranchers pay for a grazing permit? Under $2 per animal unit per acre!?!? This entitles that rancher to control my ability to pitch my tent there!?!?!?

HDE, I'm thinking your definition of environmentalist might be different than mine? This is what my google search produced, "en·vi·ron·men·tal·ist in?v?r?n?men(t)?l?st/Submit noun 1. a person who is concerned with or advocates the protection of the environment. synonyms: conservationist, preservationist, ecologist, nature lover;" I'm guilty of fitting that definition. Keep in mind the very first synonym listed is "conservationist". Are hunters not conservationists???

Intruder, what difference does it make that the movement started in the 70's? There were gays who wanted to get married in the 70's and people said, "That will never happen!" I'm not opposing gay marriage here. What I am doing is saying that countless things that "will never happen" happen every single day. Some schools now require transgender restrooms. Wolves impact hunters for sure. The impact wolves will have though is NOTHING compared to the impact the loss of public lands will have on hunting. You can believe I'm the purchaser of snake oil all you want. The threat is real, it is present, and it is ALREADY HAPPENING! Public lands are being privatized at an alarming rate. This is fact, not a partisan-based opinion.

To your point about "continued access to hunting and recreational activities" what the hell are you talking about? We all know if federally managed lands are transferred to the states they will be sold! At that point the person who decides access is the PRIVATE owner of those lands. Hunting and recreational acrivities might receive continued access....but at what price???

Shane Mahoney is about to release a book about the North American Model of Wildlife Management. It would serve all hunters well to read that book as soon as practically possible upon it's release. Shane is not a US Citizen, so his book is likely not persuaded by the R's or the D's of our perverted electoral system.

02-Sep-17
I was there and met both Randy and Garrett. I don't vote party as I vote issues. I really liked Garrett and what he had to say. Why should hunters have to ask another permit holder to use the same land we are permitted for? The camping issue is not as big a deal to me as access. I like the idea of everybody gets to use it or nobody can use it. That means that ranchers can no longer hunt on state land and have to hunt on deeded acres. The other possibility is to make corner hopping legal. Garrett said that would probably not happen until we have a governor that will look at issues rather than being in a pissing match with the legislature.

I am not anti rancher. My cousin has 200 acres of deeded land in unit 13 and I don't know how many leased acres. The only land closed to hunters is the deeded acres. I am against ranchers who think state land is their land because the have a grazing lease. I am not going to try to convince anybody how to vote. I will vote for Garrett because of meeting and talking to him, I like the issues he stands for. I know where Randy stands on issues and if he is backing Garrett then that is a good enough endorsement for me. I am ready for some serious change in the SLO, whether you are or not is up to you and your vote.

02-Sep-17
arctic - I understand what the world's view of an environmentalist should be, so anyone who cares about the outdoors is automatically lumped into that generalization. Staunch members of Wildearth Guardians, Sierra Club, and the EPA are all environmentalists.

I like energy too much, so I guess I am not a conservationist since I definitely am not an environmentalist. It is not a science discipline but merely a concept for those who sit around and talk about it.

02-Sep-17
Arctic, goodness you're gullible . AGAIN, where do the other candidates stand on wolves, corruption, and land transfers?

I am calling you out now. You said that Garrett "best" represents your Interests. That's entirely different than saying you "like" where he stands on the issues. So, implicit in your claim is that you now where the others stand. SO, where DO they stand?

As for transfers wold be immediately sold...prove it. You said "we all know thais." HOW? You do realizr the gop platform language is the 3d time this has happened right? And you do realize that everytime this has happened it came as the gop took the white house after expansionary dem administrations. After LBJ, Carter, and now Obama. Why? According to strategists, every time the gop runs on a primarily "repeal big government" platform,the Dems, taking a play from Alinskys playbook, call them out on it. How? By making them own up to their word and say they are against "Americas best idea." The Party adopts the vague language of transfer with the "continued access" language that you say "don't know what the hell im talking about." And what does it turn around and do? Have the president Disown it. Reagan did it, and now Trump says he'll do it.

Again, a red herring. Political platforms aside, this is a government that can't even repeal Obamacare. You think they'll be able to repeal the USFS?

Show me the "alarming" rate of land transfers from fed to states.

As long as you come on here and campaign with your head in the sand, you can count on me being there to explain to others why they can't see your head.

02-Sep-17
For what it's worth I'll point out that Jesse is well known and respected in New Mexico. IntruderBN is an anonymous poster from Arizona?

03-Sep-17
Oryx35 thanks for that update

not sure what it really means but thanks

03-Sep-17
It could be an outdated profile, or it could be he is a nonresident stirring the pot. Since he won't say who he supports for Land Commissioner I suspect he is just here to tear down Jesse and/or Garrett. Why? I don't know. Garrett may not be perfect, but I do believe he is the best choice.

03-Sep-17
Oryx, I split time living between both states. I suppose that makes me a "snowbird." I don't say who I support because, as I've stated multiple times, I don't KNOW who I support.

That's why I anxiously await arctic's take on the other candidates given the issues. He's actively campaigning for one candidate, selling $100 event tickets, and that makes him wholly accountable for his view that Garrett is the best choice and for the fearmongering he's spreading regarding land transfers.

Believe me, anyone who campaigns will get the same treatment.

03-Sep-17
oryx35

what does intruders residency have to do with it? Intruder asked legit questions about Garrett and so far they haven't been answered.

Surely there is a better reason to back Garrett other than because arctic says so.

03-Sep-17
Priley, residency helps to understand the motivation behind IntruderBN's arguments. His focus is corruption and wolves. Given the history of State Land Commissioners I fully support corruption as a focal point. I would, however, argue that wolves has almost nothing to do with the State Land Office. That is almost entirely a USFW, USFS, and NMDGF issue. The State Land Office's primary mission is to fund education in this state. It's secondary mission should be to provide access to those lands held in public trust. The Hillary/corruption issue has been addressed on Garrett's website and elsewhere. If you can't see the truth in what he said, than perhaps the republican nominee will be your pick. I just can't imagine they'll produce anyone more likely to give hunters a voice in the State Land Office. Perhaps I'll be wrong. I'd love to see someone pro-hunting on both sides of the ballot.

03-Sep-17
Bingo Oryx

04-Sep-17
Oryx im not able to find any info where Garrett has addressed clinton/corruption only his comments about how well qualified hillary is bla bla bla. Please post a link for the google tarded like me.

04-Sep-17
Oryx van you tell us exactly why residency is relevant to the discussion here?

fyi Big Fin is from Montana you guys aren't questioning his motives. Why not?

04-Sep-17
You make a fair point regarding Big Fin, though his role as a public figure make his motivations pretty clear.

04-Sep-17
I think it's fair to question anyone's motives, particularly in the age of paid political trolls.

04-Sep-17
Correct. Its also fair to question the motive of someone who does not reside or vote here and have to deal with the overall social and financial ramifications (as dictated by State Law) of a NM State elected position. In this case, residency does in fact matter.

04-Sep-17
Yet, the biggest voices always seem to come from NR's, for example, as with the support and arguement delivered by the anti crowd from other states in regard to wolves, bear hunting, lion (cat) hunting, coyote calling contests, etc.

04-Sep-17
So, was the OP only selling $100 tickets to residents? Dont think so. The best support he's given for his position is "have your head examined." It's Game on at that point.

I pay NM state income and property taxes - plenty of them. I vote in AZ but try to have some semblance of NM control, as a NM native, in whose campaign I contribute to. You can count on me, and many more NRs, to contribute to your political races. Who are the biggest landowners in NM? You got it - NRs with very deep pockets. While I'm not one of them, I know I will get behind AND CONTRIBUTE TO the SLO that best represents me, both individually and as a trustee. So will they.

Garrett may very well be that guy, but it will take more than some amateurish chicken little land transfer theory for that to happen.

Arctic, we're waiting.

At least one other poster is interested in the same answers as me....

05-Sep-17

Intruder,

Sorry for the delayed response. I don't visit Bowsite daily.....especially not in the fall.

There are more than a handful of candidates throwing their names in the hat for the State Land Commissioner position. I don't have the time to outline every position of every candidate. Interestingly, over the past 24 years our State Land Office has been run by only 3 people [Aubrey Dunn, Pat Lyons and Ray Powell]. Here are the three most likely to have a chance at the office during the next election cycle:

1) Ray Powell: He's a Democrat who has held the office before. I know Ray fairly well and we get along well enough. Ray opposes Federal Land Transfer. Ray banned coyote hunting contests on State Trust Lands during his last term. While he held the office, I met with Ray to discuss allowing camping on State Trust Lands. Ray said he would do what he could. Nothing was done. Ray Powell's most recent notable endorsement is from the "NM Animal Protection Voters".

2) Pat Lyons: He's a Republican Candidate whose actions have been extremely questionable during his time in office. This guy is considered by many to be an absolute criminal. If you detest corruption then it's inherent that you detest Pat Lyons. A book could be written about his SLO legacy but for the Cliff's notes version just google "Pat Lyon's, White's Peak."

Here's the good news for NM Public Land users, I've been working with RMEF who has been working with the SLO to fix the White's Peak mess. You will see great news regarding access there before the end of September. I apologize in advance to any elk hunters who might be affected by the start of construction of an access road (primitive 2-track) which I expect to start about Sept. 15th!

3) Garrett VeneKlasen: While Garrett and I have battled on things over the years I have grown to know him very well. We don't always agree on everything, but he tells the truth and cares as much about Public Lands as I do. The way the State Land Office is currently being run is a disaster. 2 of the 3 candidates I mention have had their chance to fix it. Neither did. Garrett is NOT a career politician. He's a sportsman who sees a problem and believes he can fix it. Of all the candidates running for this office, Garrett is my choice BY FAR! Those who follow public land issues know that Randy knows a few things. He is a non-resident, but his passion for public lands is not limited to his home state of Montana.

If residency matters that much though, keep in mind that Garrett has been endorsed by Senator Martin Heinrich. If one chooses to let party affiliation affect one's vote then so be it. Nobody can deny though, that Martin Heinrich is a champion for public lands. The picture here features Martin Heinrich, Garrett VeneKlasen, Tom Udall, Ryan Callaghan, Land Tawney and a host of other public land powerhouses fighting to get the Sabinoso Wilderness opened up to the public....they are fighting so YOU can access this great treasure!

The only thing standing in the way of Ryan Zinke signing that deal which sits on his desk in front of him is the fact that his "party" has a commitment to some Utah Politicians and the Koch Brothers that they will not expand existing Wilderness areas.

Most the other candidates running for the State Land Office are banking on the fact that most NM voters don't even know the scope of responsibility of the State Land Commissioner. Some of the people running know less than most of those voters.

05-Sep-17
Intruder,

With all that said, Garrett may not be your ideal choice for NM State Land Commissioner. In fact, as you mentioned there are numerous wealthy LO's who own incredible tracts of private land in our Land of Enchantment. I expect the majority of those individuals will likely NOT want to contribute to Garrett's campaign. Garrett has always been very outspoken about public access issues and about the problems that exist within our State's LO tag distribution policies. I wouldn't expect every NM landowner who is the recipient of "authorizations" to harvest our State's wildlife to jump on board the VeneKlasen express.

06-Sep-17
Intruder either these guys reading comprehension is in line with the majority of NMs students or they dont see a problem with corruption in our politicians.

They aren't going to answer cause there isn't a good answer. My last $00.02

08-Sep-17
Residency does not really matter here. I am sure HSUS and PETA petition every state they can. IntruderBN has holdings here and should worry about his interest. Big Fin has hunted quite a bit here most DIY, public land. I say most as I know of one hunt he did for antelope DIY but had bought a landowner tag. You know where he stands on public land hunting.

As I said I look at issues and one has been pointed out, a lot of big land owners are holdings out of state. They don't live here or vote here but they pay to have their interest represented by lobbyist. As a member of the NRA I am sure some of my money is used in states for gun rights and I don't live there.

Here is what I am tired of as a lifelong resident, state lands landlocked and no access to them even though we are paying for access to them. I thought Dunn would work to increase access when he held the G&F hostage to increase hunters fees. Just another way to squeeze water from the turnip.

If those blue squares were green (USFS instead of State Land) would the access be different. I am betting it would be. Making corner hopping legal would open up all those lands but the big fight will be against out of state land holders and the NM Cattle Ranchers Association in my opinion.

Anybody know about the Cooks Peak debacle? National land was being blocked off by private land. Years were spent negotiating with the landholder to have access by paying for an easement. The landowner fought it all the way, keeping the public land blocked off like he thought is should be. A road was built around the private land on public land. As soon as the road was completed the lock on the private land came off. Rancher is doing the same thing in 21A blocking off the north part of the Gila Forest off the Plains of San Augustine.

Same thing with access to Marquez WMA in unit 9. A new road had to be built around the private land. You can guess why. I actually got drawn to hunt Marquez and told the "private land hunter" to get off the WMA and it was not part of the ranch. Threatened to take pictures with GPS locations on a cell phone since we weren't allowed on the ranch and ranch hunters weren't allowed on the WMA.

So those are my reasons I am supporting Garrett. Choose to or not is up to you.

• Sitka Gear