huntaholic 18-Aug-17
huntaholic 18-Aug-17
wyobullshooter 18-Aug-17
huntaholic 24-Aug-17
wyobullshooter 24-Aug-17
GregE 13-Sep-18
Franzen 16-Sep-18
13-Aug-17
I will be bowhunting for elk in WYO this fall. I have my NR tag and conservation stamp. Do I need any other license to whack a grouse? (If I want one for supper!)

I looked through regs and I cannot find it specifically spelled out. Thanks in advance.

13-Aug-17
Brian, you'll need a bird license as well. The archery license you'll have for elk is also valid for game birds as well.

13-Aug-17
Thanks Rob!

13-Aug-17
The NR elk license is only good for elk and fishing, not for small game or birds. You'll need a bird license for sure to be legal to hunt grouse.

15-Aug-17
Is the non resident antelope license good for fishing?

15-Aug-17
No.

15-Aug-17
You can buy day licenses for $14/day.

15-Aug-17
ok thanks guys

17-Aug-17
Everyone is saying a "bird license" that is just a small game license, right!? I sure hope so.

17-Aug-17
No, they aren't the same. Two totally different licenses. Small game is rabbits and such. Game birds are grouse, pheasants, chukars, etc.

18-Aug-17
Wow, I had no idea. Thanks wyobullshooter

18-Aug-17
I just purchased my small game/game bird license on the WYFG website. Must be some difference between non-res and res because there is no separate small game and game bird license. As I thought for non-res at least they are the same.

18-Aug-17
You are correct. NR and res are handled differently. Residents have the option to purchase either game bird and small game separately, or in a combo. NR doesn't have that option. They are combined. Just be aware they are two different entities, so you must comply with the daily bag and possession limit separately. Either way, have fun and good luck. Blue grouse, or crazy chickens as we call them, are delicious, especially the younger ones! I thump a few every year and cook them up in a gravy over mashed taters...they melt in your mouth!"

24-Aug-17
Wyobullshooter you're making me hungry! I'm bringing some gravy and potatoes now for sure!

24-Aug-17
Ha!

13-Sep-18

GregE's embedded Photo
GregE's embedded Photo
Thanks for the info- I was going to start looking up grouse Lic requirements.

One week....... ELK area 94 sponsored by Hunting with Heroes Here's one from W WA

16-Sep-18
I would have liked to been able to shoot a grouse, but I thought $74 was a bit steep. You can get a 5-day fishing license for $50-something, although it isn't in the regs. that way. To add both was a little much, so I picked the fishing when I was there a week ago.

• Sitka Gear