Newbowhunter 16-Aug-17
Cowhand 17-Aug-17
Newbowhunter 17-Aug-17
Cowhand 17-Aug-17
osage 17-Aug-17
Newbowhunter 17-Aug-17
osage 17-Aug-17
16-Aug-17
Hey everyone. New to the forum and new to hunting. I know this is a long shot but I figured its worth a try. I was looking forward to my first ever hunt with a buddy of mine who bailed last minute. Anyone else out there new to the sport and in need of a hunting buddy? or any veterans of the sport willing to teach a new comer the ropes of the sport? I dont have a ton of extra cash but I am willing to pay for someone knowledgeable of the sport.

16-Aug-17
What area do you live ? P.S. You don't need to pay anyone. I'm sure there is someone close to you that will help out.

16-Aug-17
I'm in the Fresno area but am willing to travel as I hear we have poor hunting around here. I was actually planning on heading up north a bit this weekend to check out other hunting areas.

17-Aug-17
What tag did you get? I am about 1 hour north of Sacramento, and I may be able to point you in the right direction. Hunting with a bow is tough out here, lots of people out and about, so it makes it hard to pattern deer.

17-Aug-17
I got an AO deer tag I believe is what it was called and a pig tag. I hear it is very hard but I love a challenge. To be honest, I don't expect to bag a deer my first year but it would be nice. My biggest concern is doing things properly, following the laws and learning what shots to take. I would hate to wound one and it get away. Which is the main reason I would love to tag along with someone that knows what they are doing.

17-Aug-17
So if you have an AO1 tag that is good for all C zones here in Northern Cal. I also have that tag, and am hoping to get some time this coming week. Send me a p.m. with your # and I will send you mine, and we can talk on the phone to try and get you off on the right foot.

17-Aug-17
AO tags are good in the B & D zones. Seems to me that C zone is a draw. The strategy is to apply for a X zone each year and if you don't draw you will get a point. After accumulating enough points you should draw a premium tag. Second choice for me is always an AO tag. I'm also about a hour north of Sac and hunt the B zones and river bottoms.

17-Aug-17
Perfect. I figured I would head somewhere North of my current location. Is AO not good for A zone also?

17-Aug-17
Yep. AO is also good in the A zone. Don't hunt there in August because it's usually too hot. Send me a PM & will give you some places to check out. Usually lots of deer until opening day, bear, elk and some hogs at the lower elevations. Some huge bucks in the river bottoms that don't see many hunters at all.

• Sitka Gear