BIG BEAR 27-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 27-Nov-17
happygolucky 28-Nov-17
JLeMieux 28-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 29-Nov-17
JLeMieux 29-Nov-17
happygolucky 30-Nov-17
17-Aug-17
It looks like I'm going to be visiting family in Metamora for Thanksgiving week. I know it will be gun season, and don't mind gun hunting but I would rather bow hunt. I haven't had a chance to look at the regs with regards to legal weapons during gun season yet, so I'm not sure if that's even a possibility. Are there any archery only public lands within an hour or so of that area? I know MI as a whole has a ton of hunters and it gets crowded but I'm hoping to get a few hunts in while I'm there.

I also thought about offering up a trade for a hunt on my lease in La with a Dec rut, but not sure if that is within the forum rules.

Regardless, if any of you live in that area it would be cool just to fling a few arrows while I'm there.

Jeremy

18-Aug-17
You can use your bow during gun season but you have to have a gun tag and follow the rules for gun hunting.... including wearing orange. Any state land remotely near Metamora will be jam packed with shotgun hunters over Thanksgiving..... I would start by asking the family if they know anyone with private property in the area that would let you bowhunt... There's a lot of deer in that area but it's mostly private ground. Good luck !!!! There are no archery only areas in Michigan by the way.

18-Aug-17
Thanks for the response, that answers some of my questions. My grandfather used to hunt up north but he gave it up years ago. I spoke with them about friends or family with property but haven't had any luck yet. Hopefully I can find something. Trying to scout and learn a new area in the middle of gun season might not be the best idea.

20-Aug-17
One of my cousins has some friends that hunt so they're looking into it for me.

27-Nov-17
Well I was able to hunt last week while visiting. I made a post in the harvest thread but didn't add a picture since it wasn't a bow kill. The place I had lined up to bow hunt fell through. Consequently, I was able to take my cousin's son with me. It was his first time ever going hunting.

27-Nov-17
Congrats Jeremy !! Where did you end up hunting and what did ya get ?? This section of the Bowsite is so dead I don't think anyone is going to hassle you if you post your picture... I hope you enjoyed your time in Michigan !!!

27-Nov-17
Disregard the questions... I just saw the report on the harvest thread.... way to go !!!!

28-Nov-17
Post the picture. WI has a gun thread going on. I posted my son's gun kill in the harvest thread. I am hoping nobody gets their undies in a bundle over it.

28-Nov-17

JLeMieux's embedded Photo
Thanks guys. Here it is. The second picture is my cousin's son with the deer.

29-Nov-17
Awesome!!! Looks like you had a great visit !!!

29-Nov-17
Yes I did!

30-Nov-17
Very nice! Congrats and thank for posting the pics.

• Sitka Gear