Contributors to this thread:
razorhead 20-Aug-17
Jon Stewart 20-Aug-17
Burly 20-Aug-17
razorhead 21-Aug-17
Jon Stewart 21-Aug-17
razorhead 25-Aug-17
20-Aug-17
Made the drive east on Thursday, due to rain, and went to Iron Mountain, and left there light in the wallet..... I highly recommend the following places.....

Hardcore Outdoors,,,,,, First rate place,,,, The owners son, was there, (another stick shooter), and he assisted me in my choice of binoculars,,,, I bought the 8 by 42 Styrkas and he showed me the Millenium stands,,,,, I could not believe how light they are, looking at the M7 in near future,,,,,,,,,

On Hwy 2, going west on 70, before the river, on the south side of the road is a new gunsmith shop. Walked in, clean as a whistle, young smith, who is done with training and school and just setting up,,,, nice equipment, very sharp, he is getting one of my pistols in 2 weeks

Northwoods Outfitters,,,,,, This guy was great,,,,, bought a bow from him, 40lb recurve, a lefty that I just had to have,,,,, he is having a custom string made for me at this time,,, Friendly and helpful, good place to stop in, he is into fly fishing, and kayak stuff,,,, nice shop

20-Aug-17
Been to Northwoods many times over the years. You are right, great little shop. He hunts with LeClair and usually has a couple of Shrews on the wall. Never been to the other two places but my son and I will be up in Crystal Falls next month for a first season bear hunt. Maybe we will take a ride after baiting one morning.

20-Aug-17
I haven't been into hardcore outdoors yet but will when I go up in late October. Randy at Northwoods is a good guy. I can't wait to get back and breath some clean air. Come on October.

21-Aug-17
Jon, when in Crystal Falls, take the main st (down hill) from the courthouse. On your left side (north), is a Trader shop..... He does a lot of internet stuff, but if your into knives, hatchets, and he has a heck of old Bear Archery stuff, he sells,,,,,, deals in Marble knives,,,,, cool spot

21-Aug-17
Been at that store. He didn't have anything but Marble stuff when I was last there. does he sell the Bear archery things?

25-Aug-17
Yes, he does, he had albums and quivers, and some good stuff, last time I was in there......... Can't wait to get my bow, from Northwoods after Labor Day,,,,, going to another shoot this weekend, still looking for that small bow for you

• Sitka Gear