TCWhitetail 01-Sep-17
LonghairedDaddy 01-Sep-17
copperman 11-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 11-Nov-17
BIG BEAR 11-Nov-17
Browncityredneck 13-Dec-18
Roger Norris 02-Jan-19
29-Aug-17
Moved down here from Traverse a few years back and haven't bow hunted since. Looking to get back into it finally. Any recommendations on places to check out not to far from Chesterfield/New Baltimore area? Thanks

30-Aug-17
Harsens Island. My parents have lived there for 30+ years and I'm always hearing of nice bucks coming off the island. Its tricky tho, be sure to read up on all the regulations.

30-Aug-17
I wonder what the process for being able to hunt over there is.

31-Aug-17

LonghairedDaddy's Link
Here ya go..

01-Sep-17
Thanks Longhaireddaddy. You ever hunt on any DNR HAP properties? Curious how smooth that goes.

01-Sep-17
Nope. I'm lucky to have permission to hunt a small piece of private land just east of Sleepy Hollow State park. I put in a food plot this year and I've got the whole place to myself. :) Its only 17 acres with about 80% of it being swamp.

11-Nov-17
TC also good numbers of deer in Algonac state park, tough though really think. I have had some success there

11-Nov-17
I used to live at 26 and Gratiot when I was stationed at Selfridge a long long time ago.... I too hunted some state land out on the back side of St. John's Marsh but it was always crowded and I never killed anything there though I saw a few deer... I tried a few Hunter Access Lands and had the same experience... Lots of hunters.... I finally got permission from a nice old guy on Place Road north of 27 Mile Rd I think it was.... he's probably passed now but I think I killed 8 or 10 deer with a bow off his property....... That area has changed so much since I lived there that I don't even recognize the area of 23 Mile and Gratiot anymore... There was just a KMart and McDonalds and Discount tire there when I lived there.... The Meijers was just being built....... Drive the area of Place Rd. and try knocking on doors.... maybe you'll get lucky...

11-Nov-17
I've never hunted Harsens Island but have some buddies that bird hunt there... I think the deer hunting is by draw there.... I fished a few times in the channel next to the Sans Sousi bar; and got a limit of walleye and my first ever sturgeon this spring in the river near the Harsens Island Ferry..... really nice area.

13-Dec-18
Cmon up to thumb area,lapeer, sanilac, tuscola counties.great hunting!!!

02-Jan-19
TC....you can still get permission, knock on some doors.

Also, state land is not as tough as you might think. Pick spots far from parking...don't hunt Saturday mornings, etc...

• Sitka Gear