pogo 13-Sep-17
Mad dog 16-Sep-17
jman22 16-Sep-17
bow shot 16-Sep-17
Droptine10 18-Sep-17
Mad dog 19-Sep-17
Ungie01201 20-Sep-17
12-Sep-17
I'm trying to get used to using this new body harness and it hasn't been smooth. The last time I bow hunted I used the belt around the upper chest system. That method is long gone. My question to you guys is weather or not you wear it on the very outside or just under your coat or coverall ?.

13-Sep-17
OK, thanks Pat

13-Sep-17
I have two, one is a vest style FBH and the other is just basically straps with no webbing but still a FBH. Both are made by HSS and are very comfortable to wear. The vest is pretty heavy though with all the metal buckles etc.

13-Sep-17
I use a HSS vest style after using a strap for 35 years.

A couple of years ago I was wearing a Gorilla brand safety harness along with a Gorilla climbing stand which was given to me by a friend that was getting out of hunting. The stand slipped and fell 18 feet to the ground but the harness saved my old butt. After the shock wore off, I managed to get myself down without injury.

I gave the stand away, and made sure the guy I gave it took new why I didn't want it anymore.

I threw away the distressed harness and bought the HSS vest. Best purchase ever.

16-Sep-17
I use a full osha construction- harness. It's a bit bulky, and I electrical Taped all the rings and buckles to stay quiet. I use a climber and tie off to the tree on way up and down too. I dropped about 8 feet on an old baker stand on an icy tree about 15 yrs ago. Underside of chin took an uppercut from a sawed off branch. Bled pretty good...all.over the snow. I was soooo proud of myself: It was a great uppercut , but Didn't knee buckle at all??I shook it off and bear hugged the tree to the ground. Learned my lesson. Very lucky. Still hunted the rest of that day. Mad Dog

16-Sep-17
I have a HSS vest as well. I also wear mine outside when warm and inside my heavy jacket during cold weather. I also am a big fan of the HSS (or similiar) lifelines.

16-Sep-17
Just keep at it, keep wearing it, and after a while you'll get used to it. Its just part of the deal that you have to acclimate to, and eventually you won't even think about it, it 'won't be a hassel. Over the camo in warm weather, under in cold for me.

One nice benefit: If you cinch it properly, you can nap in the tree if you must. For that, just shorten the tether so that it holds you upright. Very nice if you have been putting in mega hours at work...

18-Sep-17
Haha, excellent point bow shot.

19-Sep-17
With you on that hotshot. Mega hrs, 3 or 4 hrs of sleep. 2 hr drive to spot, fall asleep and deer are right under ya! Happened a few times. Have limited time to hunt this year, but plan on well prepared quality hunts. Mad Dog

20-Sep-17
I just switched from a Gorilla full body harness to the new Ultraflex by HSS. I have not used it yet, but seems much more comfortable.

• Sitka Gear