KC 24-Oct-17
skipmaster1 24-Oct-17
XbowfromNY 25-Oct-17
ilandhunter 26-Oct-17
T ZEKE 29-Oct-17
Mad dog 29-Oct-17
Droptine10 30-Oct-17
16-Sep-17
My new bow has a 70 lb. Draw. I really like how much deeper it buries the arrows in the deer target. My old bow was probably on 45 or 50lb. Draw. The first time I drew it back, the velcro strap ripped right off as I got it about 25% back. I'm duct taping it for now. I like my Tru-ball release, but are there stronger straps out there? Thanks. Mad Dog

16-Sep-17
I use a Scott release. It has a buckle. I would not trust all those little nylon hooks on a release because it can get "gummed up"... in my experience. And maybe skew your anchor point.

16-Sep-17
Leather with buckle is the way to go. Shawn

18-Sep-17
That's wild , I use a buckle now but used velcro wrist straps for years. They can be a little noisy but I never had one rip off.

18-Sep-17
I shoot thesame release as Pat. I had the velcro for a lot of years. I then bought a leather one with buckle and just switched my release to that one. Shawn

18-Sep-17
I like anything put out by Scotts.

19-Sep-17
Thanks guys. I'm on a duct tape budget right now, but will go to buckle down the line. Mad Dog

24-Oct-17
Funny story. The duct tape was working great until I forgot it in the car on opening day. Luckily, as you guys suggested a few yrs ago to me, I had a back up release. I put the back up strap over the main one and tucked the RELEASE part under my sleeve. Worked! Ha ha. 2nd hunt this season this Saturday. I won't forget the tape! Mad Dog

24-Oct-17
just remember duct tape has an odor

24-Oct-17
A good buckle release and you'll be good. I used to shoot hinderedsvof arrows a week and had the same release for years shooting 88#'s

25-Oct-17
I use TruFire leather- no issues.

26-Oct-17
Scott little goose

29-Oct-17
tru fire leather with articulating hinge and hook have never failed me, even when i was shooting 80/85 lbs, and yes I have a spare release in my pack for emergency...Tom

29-Oct-17
I hear ya about Duct tape, but it didn't hurt me Saturday. Nailed a nice doe. Mad Dog

30-Oct-17
Awesome :)

• Sitka Gear