Ky archer 31-Dec-18
MTNarcher 02-Jan-19
Catfish 22-Jul-19
showme 04-Aug-19
Rocky D 13-Sep-21
24-Sep-17

AndyJ's embedded Photo
AndyJ's embedded Photo
While elk hunting in CO a couple weeks ago I found this memorial on a beautiful look out in a very difficult area to get to. I thought it was a very nice gesture from his friend and was just wondering if anyone here actually knew Gary.

05-Mar-18
I guess not.

09-Mar-18
Maybe post it on Colorado Forum ??

10-Oct-18
This is "Hutch's" lookout. Gary Dale Hutcheison was from Henderson KY. He loved that area of CO and spend many seasons archery hunting the high country. After an aggressive brain cancer took his life, his family and friends found a place that he could forever look over the country he loved so much. The memorial is made from drift wood found in the Ohio River. His middle boy carved it into the memorial you see. It will remain a special place and one that is special to visit. Andyj, are you from KY yourself? That is amazing that you found his lookout. And now we share the experience of understanding why Hutch felt that country, and mountain, was so special..

10-Oct-18
In addition, out of the friends and family who participated in the memorial placement, Hutch's best friends have also now joined him on the big hunt, with one final friend battling Alzheimer. Us boys of those fine men continue to hunt the area and always feel the presents of Hutch joining us. We strive to visit Hutch as often as we can and share his amazing lookout, to share the sights and sounds of the country and elk bugging in the distance.

26-Oct-18
Crazy story, and even crazier that you and Andy hooked this up on the Bowsite...

26-Oct-18
Crazy story, and even crazier that you and Andy hooked this up on the Bowsite...

27-Oct-18
MTNarcher-pm sent

31-Dec-18
I was part of the group that went up the mountain and placed the marker so I was very surprised when I came across this thread so I signed up today. I met Hutch around 1987 while I was going to middle school with one of his sons. He treated me like family and I considered him part of mine. He inspired many young men and taught us a lot about the outdoors. I walked many miles with him while we rabbit hunted. MTNarcher, I assume you're Ronnie's son and you were there with us too? Strange to reconnect on a site like this. I hope all is going well. I would love to get back out to that part of Colorado again. Hard to believe someone came across that spot. Not very easy to get too. Gary Dale Hutcheison will never be forgotten.

02-Jan-19
Yes, I'm Ronnie's son. How crazy to reconnect.. Happy New Year.

22-Jul-19

Catfish 's embedded Photo
Catfish 's embedded Photo

Catfish 's Link
Funny I don't know how this popped up on my phone . I am not a Tech savvy can a guy but I am the son of Gary Dale Hutchison Which he had a lot sons and daughters . Daddy loved everone like the plaque reads he always took the time to be a true friend I miss Hunting with him I miss talking to Him everyday He absolutely love Black Mountain .

04-Aug-19
Real life, real friends, I'm privileged to have run across Gary Dale Hutcheison.... today.

13-Sep-21
This is ironic but I found a tribute on mountain in NM in 2007 and then met a couple of peeps that put it there on the same hunt!

I returned to the same unit in 2019 but the same spot and ended meeting the guy’s son and a relative that was hunting with him in Oklahoma when he had the heart attack that killed him.

It’s a small world!

• Sitka Gear