Pushmataha ok
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Mobowhunter 29-Sep-17
Mobowhunter 29-Sep-17
PushCoArcher 30-Sep-17
AFTERMERLE 20-Aug-18
29-Sep-17
Do you guys know anything about the pig numbers in the mountains of pushmataha. Or about the those group tracts of land for sale you see. Was hoping to buy a little place just to go shoot pigs on the weekends without it being overrun with people as I live out of state. Any advice would be great.

29-Sep-17
Do you guys know anything about the pig numbers in the mountains of pushmataha. Or about the those group tracts of land for sale you see. Was hoping to buy a little place just to go shoot pigs on the weekends without it being overrun with people as I live out of state. Any advice would be great.

30-Sep-17
There are definitely pigs in Pushmataha county I'm a member of a lease about 20 miles north of Rattan on timber/mountain property and my family owns a few hundred acres about 4 miles north east of the kiamichi River around Rattan landing that is more hardwoods/bottom lands. Pigs seem to show up in cycles some years you can run into pigs what seems like everyday others you may only see 1 or 2 the whole year at least that's been my experience. I do know people who seem to have a non stop problem with them but usually they're either planting something the hogs love or run a lot of corn feeders. I will say there seems to be more pigs around the river/creek bottoms versus the mountain/logging properties. As for the group properties instead of looking into buying a small plot of land for hog hunting you might be better off trying to get on a timber company lease most of the guys on those leases are not interested in hogs they're there for the deer so as long as you avoid the rifle season you won't have much competition. The group properties are usually 5-10 acres hunting pigs on a small tract like that could be hard you would have to keep corn on it non stop and even then hogs respond quickly to pressure. My lease is over 1900 acres at just under $500 a year with 18 other members the trick is finding a lease with a opening.

20-Aug-18
I bow to Push Co Archer on this for he has the MRI (Most Recent Info). In my 48 years hunting the Kiamichi country, I can confirm hogs do exist there, a few have even been taken by my hunting companions. However, using the Okla/Ark State line to the east and the near the Kiamichi river to the west, with hwys 63 & 271 to the north, and Hwy 3 for a southern boundary, I can tell you in this very large area I've spent a lot of time driving, scouting, and chasing whitetails, again over 48 years. In all that time I've seen a handful of hogs, only one time have I had the opportunity to harvest one. Do land owners have issues with them? Certainly! My own cousin detests them on his land. It is my opinion money would be better utilized buying a hunt from someone who has them in excess and baits for them. Sure you could buy a parcel and then never see a hog. They are far more stealthy than you may know.

• Sitka Gear