lov2hnt 16-Oct-17
cnelk 16-Oct-17
8pointer 16-Oct-17
MathewsMan 16-Oct-17
cnelk 16-Oct-17
Stew1975 17-Oct-17
jb 22-Oct-17
02-Oct-17
Archery was a bust unfortunately and my PLO in unit 15 for a cow has unfortunately sold out to an outfitter. I drive up I -70 everyday for work and always see guys parked on the side hunting Ptarmigan pass.... I see there are 300+ 4th season cow tags available for this area. send me a pm i will send out my email if you could give me some insight on this area...

04-Oct-17
I have never seen an elk between the tunnel and silverthorne. Seen a few moose and plenty of deer.

04-Oct-17
I saw a dead cow this summer on the side of the road. I’ve seen plenty of elk down in Silverthorne in the way to keystone but that’s later when the snow is deep and they are on private anyway.

05-Oct-17
I've seen many herds of cows along I70 on both sides of the tunnel but only in early spring before calving. Have never hunted up from 70 towards the ptarmigan trail. Wondering how many of those hunters are going over the top into the South fork?

05-Oct-17
I thought ptarmigan pass was west of Copper Mountain?

09-Oct-17
I live in the unit and can see ptarmigan from my living room. I haven’t seen any elk all summer up there. Def holds elk just not large numbers. Better off to hunt north of silverthorne that time of year.

16-Oct-17
Thanks for the intel Stew, I work at the Chevy store in Silverthorne (Hudson Auto Source) stop in any time i would love to talk hunting with you.

16-Oct-17

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
My son works at Keystone and took this pic a couple weeks ago as he working on the towers. He says he sees elk up there all the time

16-Oct-17
Can you shoot off the lift at Keystone?

16-Oct-17
I've seen elk at Keystone and Breckenridge mid-winter while skiing.

16-Oct-17
No you cant shoot off the lift, but you can ride the lift up with your gear [when its running] and go hunt the surrounding NF. And ride back down when done. Not sure about firearms but I know archery gear is acceptable

I went up to Dillon this evening and had supper with my son, He said he saw 2 bears this morning driving up the service road, the elk are still around too

17-Oct-17
Good looking bull in that pic. There is a road (keystone gulch) that runs along WestSide of mtn that you can access all 3 peaks from. Doubt they would allow you to take rifle up lift.

Lov2hnt Pm me (I don’t know how to do it) if you can get a cow tag in 28.

22-Oct-17
I am right there never could connect with the bow, just bad luck. Either way I do have a 4th season 28,37 cow tag and would greatly appreciate any and all help filling this tag.

• Sitka Gear