Missouribreaks 04-Oct-17
wooddamon1 04-Oct-17
BOWNUT 05-Oct-17
Jon Stewart 05-Oct-17
BOWNUT 05-Oct-17
Alaska at heart 05-Oct-17
Missouribreaks 11-Jul-18
04-Oct-17
I saw on another thread the MBH( Michigan Bowhunters) may close at year end if membership does not pick up. Does anyone know if this is true?

04-Oct-17
You may be talking about the MTB. The news letter I got is asking for more help with counsel seats, news letter input and help at shoots. They don;t have a membership secretary so that means there is no-one to send out reminders for membership renewals.

The former president and I spoke about this very subject yesterday on the way home from hunting.

04-Oct-17
I certainly hope you are wrong

04-Oct-17
It was perhaps the MTB. I did not mean to start a rumor, sorry.

04-Oct-17
I received the same newsletter as Jon from MTB. Hope this gets figured out soon...

05-Oct-17
Ok, I'm a member of MBH. What is MTB? Thanks John.

05-Oct-17
Michigan Traditional Bow Hunters. Been around a long while. It is a low keyed organization that has just a few events a year. They have a booth in Kalamazoo at the Expo in Jan, the bunny hunt in Feb, a Banquet in Feb/Mar and a traditional shoot in June. The shoot is a very family friendly shoot which is held at Hansen Hills in Grayling, Michigan.

I think one issue that hurt the MTB is when Compton changed their shoot date from the fall to the weekend before the MTB shoot. Michigan has 4 or 5 good traditional shoots during the summer and to have two shoots so close may cause some to go to one, Compton, which has a national following which draws many vendors to the MTB shoot which has a state following a very few vendors. MTB has held the June date for over 20 years.

Bownut: PM me an address and I will send off a few old Traditional Trails magazines which is our normal quarterly news letter.

05-Oct-17
PM sent . Thanks.

05-Oct-17
I just received my MBH renewal card in the mail yesterday. Since I know many of the former MHB leadership and cross paths with them on FB, this would seem to be about the other Michigan-based organization. No worries about sending in my 2018 membership check.

11-Jul-18

Missouribreaks's Link

• Sitka Gear