DanWesson357 14-Oct-17
PAbowhunter1064 14-Oct-17
Bowbender 14-Oct-17
Bowbender 14-Oct-17
PAbowhunter1064 15-Oct-17
07-Oct-17
Nothing much this morning.

07-Oct-17
Two gobbler thirty feet for ten minutes, and I'm setting against a oak tree. Three more weeks and they will be unfindable! Not a deer to be seen.

07-Oct-17
Porcupine

07-Oct-17
Thought I had a perfect spot this morning. Perfect wind, stealthy and well thought out entrance to my stand. Saw 5 Turkey Hens around 9:30, no deer and same reports from my buddies. Full Moon, warm temps I guess.

Friday night saw a mature typical 8 point about 40 yards at a watering hole but just way too much brush between the buck and I. 40 yards is beyond my range anyway.

Thursday Morning saw a 1/2 rack fork buck. Full Moon was so bright when I was getting to stand felt like mid-day.

08-Oct-17
Dan had 4 does and a small buck just out of longbow range in the afternoon. Same for me with a button buck. We both saw a pretty nice buck just after shooting time on a field edge Friday. Put a stand where I can shoot him. The end of this week should be pretty good days to hunt.

08-Oct-17

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
This morning.

08-Oct-17
Nothing again.Did jump one on the laurel edge going in before light.I never heard a buck grunt this time of year, but at around 7:45 a.m. I swore I heard a loud/deep grunt from the direction I came in and had heard the deer run from when coming in.Was not far at all.Then silence except for the acorns dropping in the area.

08-Oct-17
We didn't see a deer on Saturday!

09-Oct-17
Pouring down rain this morning. Watching the fake news.

09-Oct-17
Mosquitoes and more mosquitoes... Deer sightings are down but... The amount of scrapes opening up are encouraging...

09-Oct-17

" target="_blank" class="button">Going Trad (Parker)'s Link
It has been another crazy busy season again this year. Saturday morning was only the 3rd time I’ve been out since the opener September 16th (2B). With 2 little ones at home and preparing to move soon I get out when I can. I recently started self-filming and this past Saturday was the first time I got to film myslef shooting at a deer (keyword being AT). I enjoyed it and will defiantly continue to film, just need to take my better camera next time, and anticipate the deer dropping at the time of the shot…

Shooting a 50# Stiker / Newbreed RK-1 (Recurve), 400 spine Black Eagle Instinct arrows w/200 gr Grizzly broadheads and 100 gr steel outserts (300 gr upfront & 600 gr total arrow weight) Just in case anyone was wondering.

09-Oct-17
Saturday was first time out this year. Two doe in the morning and nothing in the evening.

09-Oct-17
Cool video

09-Oct-17
Hunted Saturday morning and didn't see a deer. It will probably be the story of my season, as EHD has just about wiped them out around here. I'll be passing on any does I see in hopes of one possibly dragging me in a buck during the rut. We will see.

09-Oct-17
Cool video Brian.

09-Oct-17
Been in the garage since the season opened. Wife hit a buck with her car and I fixed it myself. Got it done yesterday. Today I worked on an osage bow. Maybe I'll get out tomorrow. The woods should be quiet after the rain. Gotta find my hunting license, sharpen broadheads, and find some hunting clothes. Lol

10-Oct-17
I think I’ve hunted 3 times this year. All in places I don’t plan to hunt in late Oct. and beyond. Do not burn your best stands now! I’ve been doing this for more years than I care to say, and if I KNOW conditions are not in my favor to kill, I stay out. If it was the “right time” of year, it would be a different story.

10-Oct-17
Video taped a big spike for 5 minutes. Ten minutes later a 6 point came up the same trail. Pretty neat. The big one did not show.

11-Oct-17
Hey Art- are you in the 4 pt area out there?

11-Oct-17
Yes. the six did not have brow tines so it was legal, just too small. 2 much nicer ones hanging around.

11-Oct-17
All I wanna know, is when will Summer die? Will this be Florida North in a few years or what?

11-Oct-17
OK Art- I had almost forgotten about that rule since all of my hunting is done East of the Susquehanna! ;-) Gotta remember they have to have "3 up" when I come out there!

John- I sure hope it dies by the end of the month! My allergies have been murder this year- we need a killing frost!

11-Oct-17
All I have seen lately is my computer monitor, or one of the kids games or practices or like last night, my daughter's soccer team all went to the Pitt vs. PSU mens soccer game down in da' burgh. Was thinking of heading out tonight after work and making the wife take my son to his flag football practice but, I was running late due to sleeping through my alarm and didn't have time to gather my things for hunting after work. Oh well, might get out Saturday morning. (soccer practices Thursday, dek hockey practice Friday, and flag football game and ice hockey on Saturday afternoon!) Good luck my archery brothers.

12-Oct-17
Saw that little buck again last evening Perry. Hope he does it next year.

12-Oct-17
Close encounter last night

2 does & 2 fawns at 27 yards. Needed to turn broadside. About to draw. Biggest doe thought she saw me in my climber. Then swirling winds betrayed me. Much stomping and snorting after bounding away. So close I could almost taste it

12-Oct-17
Lots of falling leaves coming down at an angle.

12-Oct-17

Bowhunter64's embedded Photo
My York county 11pt, shot 10-7-17
My York county 11pt, shot 10-7-17
Shot this here in York county Saturday around 6:20. He was eating acorns.

12-Oct-17

York county stud.
York county stud.
Here is a side view, deer had great mass for around here

13-Oct-17
Congrats BH64.....Great deer!

13-Oct-17
Congratulations on a beautiful buck.

Well done.

13-Oct-17
Finally on the 6th sit in two different areas I saw deer. 4 doe 2 buck.Actually saw deer moving last night on way home from work.Things seemed dead till today, none for a long time.

13-Oct-17
Hunted the Same Stand I hunted on opening day and just about the exact same thing happened!!! Only I was even more prepared. I saw an ear twitch in the brush. I stood in my stand got my bow ready and soon I was covered in 5 doe and a button buck from 20-30 yards. The lead doe was the same lead doe as opening day and with the wind in my favor, she still picked me off. She is an uptight doe that is so on edge, I can't even breath without alerting her to my presence. No way could I get drawn on her tonight or opening day. This doe NEVER puts her head down. All she does is stomp and blow! I guess she just didn't feel like dying tonight. Yet again these deer are better at surviving than I am at killing.

14-Oct-17
Thanks for the advice. I was in my climber so moving the stand is not a problem. Finding a good tree with cover will be a problem. That doe picked me off around 5 PM and I had a good hour and a half to think a new strategy of how to get a shot without alerting that lead doe. I was thinking along those lines as well. I probably won't hunt that tree for a good while it is to the West of a nice chestnut grove and the chestnuts are almost all fallen . this group of doe definitely bed in the grove. Wind was out of the east last night so it is only a good stand when we have an east wind which doesn't happen all that much. Thanks again for the advice.

14-Oct-17

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Finally got one within bow range....fattest 4 point I've ever seen! Doh! Hopefully he comes back bigger next October...

14-Oct-17
I've been watching plumber tear my kitchen apart looking for a leak in a drain line.

14-Oct-17
PAbowhunter1064,

I hunt in York as well. The property I'm on has a ton of large bodied 4 points. Large racks as well. Saw one last year, rack was at least as wide as his ear. Big blocky body. Grunted him back twice, couldn't put brow tines on him.

15-Oct-17
Bowbender, Sounds like you and I have been hunting the same property! It's always fun toying with the young bucks, but if he wouldve had a brow tine, you would be seeing his picture on the "2017 Meatpole" thread! :-)

• Sitka Gear