wytex 20-Sep-18
bas 21-Sep-18
wytex 21-Sep-18
wyobullshooter 21-Sep-18
Stryker 23-Sep-18
TreeWalker 09-Oct-18
14-Oct-17

25-Oct-17
I was born and raised in Ranchester and have never heard of them. Looked them up and seems like they are willing to work hard to make it successful hunt. Good luck.

31-Oct-17
If they have access to one or more of the decent size ranches in the unit up in that area, you should fill your tags with good bucks. There are tons of antelope in that unit especially as you drive the freeway from Buffalo up through the Dayton/Ranchester area.

17-Sep-18

18-Sep-18
Such is not bow hunting in my opinion. Not trying to be an a$$hole but it’s not maybe you should have practiced more and shot more it’s that you should have been prepared for this hunt. So you don’t have to look it up I grew up. In Dayton and live in Wyoming. Dave

18-Sep-18
Agree 100% with Stryker. 2 hits you couldn’t find, and 3 misses? To simply dismiss that as “but such is bowhunting” is total BS and a flippant copout for a lack of preparation as well as proficiency. That line may work at Joe’s Barber Shop....here, not so much. To simply dismiss your results as “but such is bowhunting” is a slap in the face of those that actually take bowhunting seriously.

I won’t be as polite as Stryker. I don’t care if I do come across as an**hole, I’ll freely admit your post pisses me off.

18-Sep-18

18-Sep-18
People miss. That's certainly "part of bowhunting". And yes, if you hunt long enough, losing an animal can also be an unfortunate "part of bowhunting". You lost 2 animals, blow it off with " We just needed to practice more and shoot better but such is bowhunting", and then are surprised you didn't get words of encouragement?

You are correct, you couldn't control the one antelope ducking your arrow because you made a noise to stop it. You already stated your shooting wasn't what it needed to be, yet you still chose to take a 65yd shot at that alert antelope? You're damn lucky there weren't 3 unrecovered goats.

You lost 2 animals and blow it off with basically an "Oh well", then say WE'RE what's wrong with hunting? Whatever.

18-Sep-18
Wyobullshooter thanks for your added comments on this thread. I was trying to make a point that this is unexceptable for a bow hunter to come to Wyoming on there first western hunt unprepared and then posting their incompetence on line and not expect any negative feedback. I’m proud of the hunter that I am and yes I am not perfect but I’m not going to air my problems here but see what I can do to fix them and learn from my mistakes. bas if you think we’re what’s wrong with hunting I will gladly be proud of that as I’m sure wyobullshooter is also and thanks for the compliment.

20-Sep-18

21-Sep-18

21-Sep-18

21-Sep-18
Nobody read between any lines. The only lines we read were the ones you posted, and have now deleted.

Not one person stated they're perfect. Far from it, if you actually take the time to read what was said. We are, however, people that take bowhunting seriously, and the animals we hunt even more so. Whether you want to admit it or not, your post suggested anything but that. The fact you then tell us that we're what's wrong with hunting speaks volumes.

23-Sep-18
bas this is my last comment. We posted our comments on your since deleted post. It was not a personal attack but how we perceived your comments on your post on the hits and lost animals during your hunt. Commenting that’s bow hunting. We have all stated that none of us are perfect but I will let you know all of us you can rest assure love the opportunities that are afforded us to live in the great state of Wyoming and never take that for granted. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. If you do return and hunt here again I would like to meet you in person and discuss why we feel as strongly about these issues as we do. We are not what is wrong with hunters we are bow hunters who do make mistakes and learn from them but not on a public forum. Good luck and pick a spot. Dave

09-Oct-18
Still appears the OP has no comprehension of why poor shooting is the shooter's failing. Poor shooting results in suffering by the animal. The animal deserves better than to run off and die over hours or days and then, instead of the buck providing food for the hunter, the animal is eaten, possibly while still alive, by predators. Sure, circle of life but not the optimal circle and that was avoidable.

OP is not the first person to roll into camp and fling arrows out to distances many of us would never attempt on a calm day much less if there are conditions that are less than optimal such as low light, wind, moving animal, etc.

This lack of reliable marksmanship is why most outfitters have a "you draw blood, the hunt is over" whether the animal is recovered or not. I absolutely want nothing to do with the named outfitter if the scenario involving multiple wounded animals by one hunters is accurate.

I do not agree with the approach that public discourse should be polite when the behavior being discussed reflects poorly on hunters that understand reliable marksmanship is not something you attempt to develop during the hunt. I do not know of any long-term members of this forum that would concur that wounding multiple bucks is admirable or acceptable or ethical. If we do not criticize this behavior then we appear to be supportive and those who do not hunt may presume we concur with this level of poor marksmanship by a hunter multiple times on one hunt.

• Sitka Gear