wyobullshooter 18-Sep-18
Stryker 18-Sep-18
wytex 20-Sep-18
bas 21-Sep-18
wytex 21-Sep-18
wyobullshooter 21-Sep-18
Stryker 23-Sep-18
14-Oct-17
My dad, cousin, and I have booked a 2018 archery antelope hunt with Tongue River Outfitters near Ranchester, WY. Has anyone on here hunted with or know them? Seems like a great group of guys but just looking for any feedback. Thanks.

25-Oct-17
I was born and raised in Ranchester and have never heard of them. Looked them up and seems like they are willing to work hard to make it successful hunt. Good luck.

31-Oct-17
If they have access to one or more of the decent size ranches in the unit up in that area, you should fill your tags with good bucks. There are tons of antelope in that unit especially as you drive the freeway from Buffalo up through the Dayton/Ranchester area.

17-Sep-18
Just wanted to let everyone know that our archery antelope hunt went great at Tongue River Outfitters. TRO is top notch and we will be returning for future hunts. http://tongueriveroutfitters.com/

18-Sep-18
Such is not bow hunting in my opinion. Not trying to be an a$$hole but it’s not maybe you should have practiced more and shot more it’s that you should have been prepared for this hunt. So you don’t have to look it up I grew up. In Dayton and live in Wyoming. Dave

18-Sep-18
Agree 100% with Stryker. 2 hits you couldn’t find, and 3 misses? To simply dismiss that as “but such is bowhunting” is total BS and a flippant copout for a lack of preparation as well as proficiency. That line may work at Joe’s Barber Shop....here, not so much. To simply dismiss your results as “but such is bowhunting” is a slap in the face of those that actually take bowhunting seriously.

I won’t be as polite as Stryker. I don’t care if I do come across as an**hole, I’ll freely admit your post pisses me off.

18-Sep-18
Thanks for all the "kind" words from both of you, on this thread and in your private responses.

18-Sep-18
People miss. That's certainly "part of bowhunting". And yes, if you hunt long enough, losing an animal can also be an unfortunate "part of bowhunting". You lost 2 animals, blow it off with " We just needed to practice more and shoot better but such is bowhunting", and then are surprised you didn't get words of encouragement?

You are correct, you couldn't control the one antelope ducking your arrow because you made a noise to stop it. You already stated your shooting wasn't what it needed to be, yet you still chose to take a 65yd shot at that alert antelope? You're damn lucky there weren't 3 unrecovered goats.

You lost 2 animals and blow it off with basically an "Oh well", then say WE'RE what's wrong with hunting? Whatever.

18-Sep-18
Wyobullshooter thanks for your added comments on this thread. I was trying to make a point that this is unexceptable for a bow hunter to come to Wyoming on there first western hunt unprepared and then posting their incompetence on line and not expect any negative feedback. I’m proud of the hunter that I am and yes I am not perfect but I’m not going to air my problems here but see what I can do to fix them and learn from my mistakes. bas if you think we’re what’s wrong with hunting I will gladly be proud of that as I’m sure wyobullshooter is also and thanks for the compliment.

20-Sep-18
I'm kind of surprised they let you book again. Thank you Stryker and wyobullshooter you were brave enough to post responses that needed to be said. The first post about the hunt results came off as flippant, imo. Best take from this is do the practice and get prepared, the animals deserve that.

21-Sep-18
You all act like you are perfect hunters. You all need to take a step back and quit acting like perfect overlords of bowhunting. This picking on other hunters is completely ridiculous.

21-Sep-18
Not perfect by any means but you stated your first comment could have come off as flippant. Constructive criticism is not to be demeaning, it is meant to be constructive. I'm thinking the outfitters should have conveyed just how far your shot could be and you should have practices out in the wide open. Backyard shooting just has a different look than the wide open prairie. Misses happen and wounded game happens, to almost all of us. Personally I have wounded game that was not recovered, my season was over after that. Just didn't have the stomach to continue. Wasn't meaning to label you as having no respect. That was a general statement for all hunters, and yes some do not have the same respect as others for game. Glad to hear that you do. Just practice for the shooting conditions you will have. That is all I was trying to say. And I do know outfitters that would not invite back folks who wound game. Every instance is different so if you're good to go back then they feel your group had bad luck and not due to lack of skill or respect.

If you can't take some constructive criticism then don't post in a public forum. I would rather see you come out on a DIY hunt. Get some of that money you paid an outfitter into some local towns. I wouldn't hesitate to give area advice to you, sounds like you wouldn't take it though. Hope the rest of your season goes great and you get some nice harvests.

21-Sep-18
Nobody read between any lines. The only lines we read were the ones you posted, and have now deleted.

Not one person stated they're perfect. Far from it, if you actually take the time to read what was said. We are, however, people that take bowhunting seriously, and the animals we hunt even more so. Whether you want to admit it or not, your post suggested anything but that. The fact you then tell us that we're what's wrong with hunting speaks volumes.

23-Sep-18
bas this is my last comment. We posted our comments on your since deleted post. It was not a personal attack but how we perceived your comments on your post on the hits and lost animals during your hunt. Commenting that’s bow hunting. We have all stated that none of us are perfect but I will let you know all of us you can rest assure love the opportunities that are afforded us to live in the great state of Wyoming and never take that for granted. We all make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. If you do return and hunt here again I would like to meet you in person and discuss why we feel as strongly about these issues as we do. We are not what is wrong with hunters we are bow hunters who do make mistakes and learn from them but not on a public forum. Good luck and pick a spot. Dave

• Sitka Gear