Jsmith76 24-Oct-17
c3 26-Oct-17
c3 26-Oct-17
Jsmith76 28-Oct-17
Muleymaniac 29-Aug-18
YZF-88 31-Aug-18
Nomad21 22-Oct-18
24-Oct-17
I know I might be reaching but I thought I would ask anyway. I have put in 50+ miles in looking for elk this extended season. Most of those miles up MillCreek and Lambs Canyon area and have not seen any elk. I would really like to be able to have my son with me and at least see some elk. Has anyone had any success this year or could anyone point me in a general direction to at least see some elk? My son is really showing some interest in hunting so I’ll take any advice anyone has...

26-Oct-17
We are in the doldrums of the season right now. All the elk are split up again and mostly over the hill to the east. They will start to come over again when the snows hit in earnest, but are still super hard to spot. My kids are all grown now and after watching and going with me for a number of years have said I'm crazy and won't hunt with me anymore :)

a scouting season for the ages from pete carney on Vimeo.

Cheers, Pete

26-Oct-17
oops, double post

28-Oct-17
Love the video Pete!!! Good work.

29-Aug-18
Never hunted the extended and planning on going somewhere up in north Ogden. I’m 16 and I know you won’t just give away your areas but and recommendations/tips would help on where to go.

31-Aug-18
I hunt that area on occasion for deer during the extended season for deer. It'll be a zoo of people no matter what so sit back and scope them out first. Figure out where they're hiding and people aren't hiking. I recommend hunting mid week. You'll still see people but not as many.

22-Oct-18
I am doing my first Extended hunt, and will be trying for the millcreek/lambs canyon area and plan on hunting starting November because I have been consumed with house remodeling. I have done a little scouting so far with no luck yet, this late in the year any tips? Will they cross back over to this area like Pete said when the snow falls?

• Sitka Gear