cord 62 04-Nov-17
mattandersen 04-Nov-17
mattandersen 05-Nov-17
mattandersen 05-Nov-17
mattandersen 05-Nov-17
cord 62 09-Nov-17
mattandersen 09-Nov-17
26-Oct-17
Finally some cooler weather. Heading to Morgan Co. in the AM for a few days of bow hunting. If anyone should read this please wish me luck.

26-Oct-17
Luck to ya!

27-Oct-17
May your arrow drink deep of the Whitetail.

30-Oct-17
Thanks everybody, Uhhh.... both of you. Not a bad few days. Weather was better than expected (little rain), a bit warmer than I like but dry for the most part. Only shot opportunity was at a button Saturday AM at 10 yds but I passed. Many doe sightings out of bow range after that and couple small bucks...Until this AM.... Two big bucks cruising the fields, both 100yds out, would not respond to calling but good to see. Back at it soon. Morgan Co.

03-Nov-17

mattandersen's embedded Photo
I'm hunting in T county and I've seen 2 mature bucks locked down with does. I tagged out Wed afternoon on a nice tank of a 10 pt. Passed on a bigger buck prob 140" a few hours before I shot this guy. Oh well..it seems as if they're on lockdown around my woods. Fantastic hunting, saw bucks making scrapes, rubbing trees, sparring, chasing dose and cruising! It was an awesome few days!

03-Nov-17

Sorry the pics upside down..

03-Nov-17

A friend took some really good pictures the next day as soon as he gets them to me I will post them

03-Nov-17

Many trail cam pics of him

04-Nov-17
Great buck, congrats. Heading back to Morgan Co. in the am for a few days.

04-Nov-17
Thanks man, good luck! Weather looks great after Monday..idk how long you can hunt but its getting cold!

04-Nov-17
I got all week, hope I don't need it tho. Following you on the BG Forum,, hope things pick up real soon..

04-Nov-17
Well not me but Jack, his last few hours..lol

05-Nov-17

So my buddy Jack ended up tagging out in the last 20 min of his hunt yesterday. Shot a mature hoss of a 10 pt. Dressed 200 and scored around 133". I had lots of pics of both bucks we shot. Pretty awesome when it all comes together. Although Jack double lunged him, he still ran a loooong ways and up and down some insane ravines. After seeing sparse blood and no dead buck within 100 yards, we backed out. After a few hours we went back out. Sparse blood most of the way. I'd say somewhere btwn 400-600 yards. We lost blood at the top of huge ravine. After grid searching for sometime, I headed off in the direction I thought he went and ended up finding him. I couldn't believe it! I recognized the buck as soon as I saw him too. I also recognized the power lines that he died in near so I was able to get a four wheeler to him otherwise it would have been a really long night LOL

05-Nov-17

05-Nov-17

This is him

09-Nov-17

cord  62's embedded Photo
cord  62's embedded Photo
Way to get it done during crunch time! My hunt got off to a slow start. Last Sunday 75 degrees decided not to hunt then storms roll in at night and continue in to Monday, got out Monday evening-nothing. Tuesday morning still raining, really pissed now. Finally get out later in the day, saw small bucks cruising nothing great. Wednesday the 8th colder calm and dry. On stand one hour before sunrise. Nothing but tree rats and coons. At 8:15 I decide to let out a few grunt calls, immediately have nice 8pt running up hill coming right to me. He stops about 45yds out then begins moving away..two more grunts turns him and he's coming right at me again. He stops at 10yds, my Hoyt Charger now at full draw and the Rage hits him hard behind right shoulder. Buck runs to top of hill and into field. After a long 45 minute wait I find him piled up in the field about 100 yds from where I shot him. How fast things can change in the deer woods.

09-Nov-17
They sure do! haha nice man, congrats! Awesome buck!

• Sitka Gear