BIG BEAR 31-Oct-17
BIG BEAR 31-Oct-17
Dan In MI 31-Oct-17
JL 31-Oct-17
BIG BEAR 31-Oct-17
keith 01-Nov-17
27-Oct-17

JL's Link
Is this a martin, fisher or something else?

30-Oct-17
Oversized weasel typeshape. I say pine marten.

30-Oct-17
Its a pine marten......

30-Oct-17
Someone else thought it was a mink. It's a wirey critter.

30-Oct-17
Without more info it is hard to tell. (location, better scale)

weasel, mink, ferret, martin, fisher, badger, wolverine - (I think I'm missing one) all the same family, just increasing in size. Looks to be mink/ferret/martin range.

31-Oct-17
It's northern MI. Maybe 10'-12' in front of the cam.

31-Oct-17
I'd have to say pine Martin too..... I googled mink and it said mink will OCCASIONALLY climb trees but are not normally "arboreal ".... I had to google that too... They don't normally climb trees..... I found a road kill weasel a few years ago on duty and took it to the old DNR Office on 8 Mile Road.... no one there knew what it was .... they just said "some kind of weasel "..... it's the only one I've ever seen..... After googling pictures of it on line I'm 98% certain it was a mink..... it was black.....it was dead on the road next to a small marsh.

31-Oct-17
The martens and fishers I have seen had bushier tails.

31-Oct-17
How about a long tailed weasel...... google that and look at one..... long neck... skinny tail....... do we have them in Michigan?? I think we have some ermines....

31-Oct-17
I just googled long tailed weasel and found that they live in Michigan but are rarely seen.... I changed my answer..... Long tailed weasel....

31-Oct-17
Way too long for any weasel/ermine (white phase weasel) after a second look I'd have to go martin. It's way too familiar with trees the way it hops tree to tree.

31-Oct-17
I'm waiting on my DNR bio buddy to get back with me on this. Haven't heard anything yet.

31-Oct-17
Look at the long tailed weasel on line....

01-Nov-17
If the size could be determined, that would answer a lot of questions.

• Sitka Gear